throet

Brushy Creek - Fri Mornings

I'm just gong to ride my bike to the 183A and Brushy Creek Trail intersection.  I'll be at one of the two green benches.  See you there.

9 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I'm just gong to ride my bike to the 183A and Brushy Creek Trail intersection.  I'll be at one of the two green benches.  See you there.

Cool - that's where we usually meet anyway. 

Good to meet you, Thomas and Brandon, and thanks for riding with me.  That was fun.  Let's do it again.

• Like 2

I haven't scoped anything out yet, but with 3 inches of rain over 3 days, the Brushy trails are probably going to still be pretty wet. I'll try to get out this afternoon and check things out though. In the event that the trails are still too wet, would anybody be interested in heading up to RPR tomorrow morning instead? Although they don't officially open until late afternoon, I've heard that if you call ahead they will let you get started early. 

I think it's definitely still too wet at Brushy this morning. I'm going to try and ride somewhere this afternoon though - RPR, RHR, CP, ?????

Naturally it is called off and the boss cancelled the Fri Am call. Guess Ill go to work

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, Cafeend said:

Naturally it is called off and the boss cancelled the Fri Am call. Guess Ill go to work

Hope you survived! Ping me if you want to get out to RPR this weekend. 

We're ON for tomorrow assuming there is enough interest! We'll want to confine our ride to Snail, Rim, Deception, and Picnic, but with morning temps in the 50s, we'll be able to push some serious miles! Please respond with start time preferences. @Cafeend has already declared a 7:30 start time. We normally meet at the 183A Trailhead, but can pick up additional riders later over at the Sport Park. 

26 minutes ago, Chief said:

I'm in, but was thinking 8:00.

8am it is - see you then at 183A trailhead. Cafeend is in as well - hopefully others. 

@Cafeend and @Chief great ride this morning despite the cool temps and slick morning dew. Ran into @X-Ray on Double Down after you guys dropped. He had intended on joining us but thought the start was at 8:30. Anyway, we ended up riding a good bit and the trails definitely improved as the sun started coming up. Might be tough to do for you working stiffs, but a later start would probably make for better riding with these cold mornings. 

• Like 2

I rode Double Down, 1/4 Notch, and Rim today and all were OK for anybody trying to go out in the morning. I'm out for this week though due to other commitments. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, throet said:

I rode Double Down, 1/4 Notch, and Rim today and all were OK for anybody trying to go out in the morning. I'm out for this week though due to other commitments. 

Yeah I rode 1/4 Notch and Double Down yesterday too. Trails were good weather was even better. At 40 degrees in the morning the temps are below my threshold.

• Like 1

Should be a great morning for riding this Fri! I say we do an 8am start from the 183A overpass - anybody else in for this week! 

Could be my last Fri morning ride for a while as I messed up and got a job. After 8 months sabbatical, I'm finally going back to work, which means I should probably start shopping for a new bike. 

• Like 2