IGNORED

Check out the huge new 2019 release from Guerrilla Gravity!

Hey everyone, check out the huge new release from Guerrilla Gravity! And dont forget to use my BAMF code (BAMF=SethB) for a discount on your purchase!

-300% stronger impact resistance than normal carbon fiber (the demonstration videos were crazy)

-modular front triangle - (you can have all of their bike models with a single front triangle and interchangeable seat stay kits)

-adjustable reach

-totally awesome and they ride amazingly!

Guerrilla Gravity, Pink Bike, Bike Mag, NSMB, and some other big names in the bike world, came down to Texas last week to Spider Mtn, Cat mtn, and RPR for 2019 GG bike testing and were totally stoked on Texas Gnar! Everyone said they were very pleasantly surprised and did not expect to shred in Texas like they did! I was very proud to show them some of what Texas had to offer. 

check out the linked videos for more information.

https://youtu.be/skgzQyReJZU

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/guerilla-gravity-us-made-carbon-frame-smash-trailpistol.html?fbclid=IwAR3ta5VQl9b4WB25sx9xJIJXabh7JV7uuPkiW9QdG_p8ci-UZtIqnMHln9A

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 6.52.27 AM.png

• Like 6

Black text is near invisible when using the dark mode, FYI.

I understand the advantages of carbon, but it'll never be worth the premium over aluminum to me. Even if that premium is getting smaller. I have never broken an aluminum frame, don't care about a quarter pound, don't need my bike to be stiffer, ETC.

The adjustable geo, 6 bikes in one thing is cool though. 

I am surprised they are emphasizing carbon fiber so much. Still a skeptic, but if I trust anyone to make a bombproof CF frame, it's GG. They might even make a Seth-proof bike! Otherwise, Make Bikes Metal Again.

Stoked on what GG is doing though! If they made a SS XC type bike that I would want to ride, I might buy one.

Edited by mack_turtle

Massive two thumbs up for introduction of multiple innovations in adjustable frame set-up. It's one thing to try and develop better suspension technology... But quite another to bring to the market a product that provides more rider experience versatility.

Massive two thumbs up for local production. Immediately makes me feel carbon is safer.

Massive two thumbs up what looks like overall design simplicity. Sometimes introducing innovations can make things get complicated, but GG has managed to both introduce innovations and keep things simple.

And the price... If $3,800 can get you riding (not with top-of-the-line components obviously) a well thought-out carbon bike, that gives you multiple meaningful set-up options, I'd say it's definitely worth considering.

• Like 1

Just now, Cafeend said:

Listening to the podcast on vital mtb right now.

Interresting 

They recorded at Spider Mt while there testing

I was their local guide last week while they were here.. Jeremiah from TTP was our guide at RPR since he knows the place so well 

We did bike testing at spider Mtn, RPR, and Cat Mtn 

it was an awesome time and they had a blast 

• Like 2

Gotta be honest GG bikes never did anything for me. Although I haven't ridden one, always thought that they were kinda ugly. This bike here is a game changer though. They did a great job of engineering this bike. It looks good and seems it will a be a very versatile ride with plenty of adjustments for us GEO nerds. Job well done GG!

• Like 4

What Chief said.

After watching the PB vid and reading their write-up it became clear just how different this design is than anything before. Kudos to GG for innovation.

Now, just have to wait a few years until I can pick one up in a clearance sale, once I've worn out my existing ride. This should offer adequate time to determine if Seth can destroy one of these between now and then.

For now, I can at least afford to display their emoji. 🤘

Edited by Ridenfool

Gotta be honest GG bikes never did anything for me. Although I haven't ridden one, always thought that they were kinda ugly. This bike here is a game changer though. They did a great job of engineering this bike. It looks good and seems it will a be a very versatile ride with plenty of adjustments for us GEO nerds. Job well done GG!

Ugly? I kinda like the lines on mine. Digging the innovation on the new ones but they aren’t giving me upgraditis.

ef9b6c7d608e9d3993a73038181e67be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adjustable reach is a cool idea. I can't work with modern frames and their super stretched geometry. 450mm of reach for a medium means I am not riding the bike but just hanging off the the back while the bike (hopefully) plows over everything. I guess I prefer a compact fit where I can control the bike. The option of taming that reach without putting my stem on backwards or riding a bike that's a size "too small" with a flagpole worth of seatpost is appealing.

When is the carbon singlespeed Pedal head coming out?

Edited by mack_turtle

I really like the modular design philosophy. Build one front triangle in 3-4 sizes and thats it. Only need the equivalent number of molds, and with the improved resin reducing production time, it puts them on the right track for lean production and a lot of waste reduction over the competition. For a logistics nerd like me, it was cool hearing Montague use phrases like "just in time".  The geo looks promising and they have also done a good job improving the aesthetics of the bike as well.

I'll be paying attention to this for sure

I think this has a decent shot at making GG huge in the industry. Hopefully the launch goes off without too many issues. Congrats to them for the innovation all the way around--I love the modular front triangle idea. Funny that this announcement came out the day after I picked up my new bike, but I'll have to retroactively add them to my big 2019 list to see if I missed out on the perfect geometry bike.  

Edit: And the biggest news?? They fixed their stoopid high stand-over!

Edited by Barry

beautiful bike! 

did you use my bamf code on this? maybe i don't remember if we have chatted about this shred dog

No.. I ordered it last April and got it in June. I don’t recall knowing you were doing the bamf thing when I ordered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

I think another big downside of them eliminating the Al frames is those damned sweet paint jobs! The silver is nice but I've seen some stunning colors!

FWIW, you can choose in their ordering options selector the color of GG decal they place on the carpet-fiber background. In other words, it is like the Model-T, "any color you want as long as it is black."

23 posts over 2 days and no “HUGE NEW RELEASE” comments. [emoji12]

I watched the other PB vid too. Interesting he said this resin can take high enough temps for powder coating! Cheaper carbon, made in the US, and more durable paint jobs. Hope they don’t get gobbled up by Trek/Cannodale/etc. for their IP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Also, the building 4 bikes out of 1 front triangle is a cool concept, EXCEPT I’ve never owned an Al bike I haven’t eventually broken an Al bit on the rear triangle. Like a dozen plus swingarms. Even my carbon Tallboy eventually broke the metal insert on the seat stay/shock mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk