IGNORED

First of all sorry for the upcoming monsoons

rockshins

So I just got my new bike last night, looks beautiful but the box had a hole in it from shipping. Fork dropout had some scratches and rebound protector knob thingy was scratched as well. Gonna look to resolve this but need y’alls expert opinion. There is chip taken out on the dropout. Don’t think this will affect the structural integrity but not sure? Should i request a new knob protector thingy and money or a whole new fork? The rest of the bike looks amazing but this is a bummer.

DAC08D9E-B2C5-4908-AD79-1B298D1683A2.jpeg

58800B7E-367D-4430-80DC-5E73B66AC225.jpeg

1 hour ago, Teamsloan said:

No one pays that much for a bike expecting it to have damage like that upon arrival. Would you have purchased that bike for the price you paid if you were buying it off a showroom floor?

Any retailer shipping bikes should be willing to make this right.

Yep, I would expect a huge discount if a new bike had chips in it like this.  Will see what they say, I know it's not a huge deal, but just paid for a new bike and feel bummed when I should be ecstatic .  But here is something that can pop up with consumer direct bikes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Anita Handle said:

Was the bike brand omitted on purpose? I'm curious who it is an what the rest looks like, you know, just because it's a new sled and all.

HEY! We are in a crucial moment of weather manipulation here. Don't ask, don't tell is the watchword, at least until after the weekend.

EDIT: Oh hell, the damage is done ... :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ridenfool

8 minutes ago, rockshins said:

Nukeproof Mega 290, was just bitching about the chipped fork. Haven’t put it together just yet.

479FFB1F-2AAE-4AA6-8E1B-09910BE7A094.jpeg

Jealous of the new ride! As stated above I would call and likely they will offer something to you! Weather new fork or cash back. Call before you build it so if they want you to send the whole thing back. Likely they won’t want the hassle of restocking. I bought a bike direct sale that dropped $200 in price two weeks later and called and asked if I needed to send back and pay the $50 restocking fee to at least get $150 back and they kindly said please don’t do that and reimbursed me $200.

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so an update:  So Wiggle claimed that the damage done to the fork was caused by improper packing, but that it would cause no issues for future warranty concerns.  Somewhat interesting as they were basing this off of some pictures I had sent and admitted to doing a crappy packing job.  They first offered to give me a minimal amount of money that would only really cover shipping.  I asked for more money or to have them send me a new fork.  They would not send me a new fork and said that I could return the bike and get a refund.  The bike box they sent was totally destroyed so I was going to have to get a new box, pack it properly and pay for shipping, this didn't seem like a good option.  

I decided to contact Fox at this point to see what they could do.  Looking at the pictures they said it could cause warranty issues as corrosion could work it's way in.  They said I should get the lowers replaced.  I let Wiggle know that Fox did have warranty concerns with the chipping on the fork.  Wiggle then offered a larger amount of money after that, which would cover the costs of shipping and getting the lowers replaced.  They also offered to have the bike shipped back to them on their dime and would replace the entire bike.  I wasn't really wanting to go through the trouble of sourcing a box and packing it, so I sent the fork to Fox.

Fox was awesome!  They got the fork in and realized it needed to be replaced.  They sent me a brand new fork, no questions asked, free of charge! Turnaround was less than a week. Can't say enough great things about Fox! They have a customer for life!

• Like 3