IGNORED

First of all sorry for the upcoming monsoons

rockshins

I love my Pike.  I will say that the newer generation of Fox forks really had to step up their game after the Pike came out.  If you were to blindfold me and put me on a Fox or Rockshox, I have no doubt I couldn't tell.  I had a Talas Fox that shit the bed but that was WAY back in the days of 26" wheels.

• Like 1

Yeah before this bike I picked up the newer generation Pike as like y'all said the Fox's of that era were not up to snuff.  The Pike has been amazing and easy to service.  Nothing wrong with Rockshox, they make great suspension, just Fox stuff looks so good and have heard the Grip2 actually surpasses the Charger 2.

1 minute ago, Cafeend said:

Why not the Reba?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pike is nice and smooth, the Reba is choppier and not as smooth. Reba is also a 20mm which means it is heavier. 15mm is plenty stable for me, I'm not a DH guy so I don't have to worry about the pressure and whatnot.

Pike is nice and smooth, the Reba is choppier and not as smooth. Reba is also a 20mm which means it is heavier. 15mm is plenty stable for me, I'm not a DH guy so I don't have to worry about the pressure and whatnot.
Thanks.. I have one on my Ventana and I agree. Just curious.
I'd admit after all my years on Mt Bikes I am hard pressed to really decipher the ride quality of some forks. Alot feel the same to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, rockshins said:

Yeah had a Talas of that era as well, and while it was needed for my 6" 26er to get up up steep stuff, it also shit the bed, lost travel adjust and lockout.

I still ride that fork... I love the switches and dials. It has also showed me that I really don't need 150mm for most of my riding. 

• Like 1

My 2010 Talas is still in use on my wife's bike.  The Kashima coating got worn out after 10k+ miles.  I sent it in to Fox for a full rebuild and new uppers for $400.  I always ran it at 120mm so that feature was no particularly useful to me and with hindsight I would have skipped it.

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Like 1

Mine was a 2006 but ran it till 2012ish, so looking back on it, I guess I got a lot of life out of it before it needed a full rebuild.  Ran it at 160mm most of the time and when I moved back here, never changed the travel, so seemed kind of pointless to have the travel adjust. No Kashima coating back then, but stanchions were intact, guess I didn't ride fast enough.

• Like 1