IGNORED

Excellent PR promotional/informational mtb trail video...

OK, the Ride like a girl video has 6 (now) likes. WTF? That was a great vid! You douchenozzles can't like a video? 

Also, RidingAgain, I've taken the attitude towards you from others with a grain of salt (or less), but dude, you totally come off a bit dickish to the post about the ARR vids.  You posted about a local group that put out a great video on Florida riding, but then bash when someone mentions the same thing going on here.  Not cool. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

Also, RidingAgain, I've taken the attitude towards you from others with a grain of salt (or less), but dude, you totally come off a bit dickish to the post about the ARR vids.  You posted about a local group that put out a great video on Florida riding, but then bash when someone mentions the same thing going on here.  Not cool. 

Actually... jcarneytx... I did no such thing.

Check it out again...

I simply pointed out that beginning a response in the way cxagent did sounded like the knee-jerk reaction of an offended person.

And my point was simply that it's really not what ARR needs to present to others.

ARR is bigger than that.

cxagent could simply have said... "Here are some similar videos by ARR, what do you think of them?"

That would have encouraged feedback participation, and not just looked like sarcasm out of hurt feelings.

And feedback participation is, in my opinion, a part of what ARR needs at the moment. And if you look at the other threads I started in a similar manner, apart from the bullshit of two dickheads, there was some good, informative, profitable participation in them.

But specifically to your comment...

Take a look at what I said to cxagent...

After pointing out the uselessness (in its ability to turn off participation) of his comment opening, I went on to try and get him to speak more to the thinking behind the videos, and the results... Which would have given more opportunity for feedback participation.

But no... Instead we had the same two dickheads doing their dickhead crap again.

Look...

I came across the videos that I gave the links to and posted them to try and generate related thoughts to the Central Texas mtb scene... And the first response (from mack_turtle) was a great, and informative, bit of participation.

Here we have someone who has been on the local mtb scene for some years telling us that he is either not aware — or has forgotten he was — of any similar ARR videos.

What does this tell us?

mack_turtle's comment should have led to further considerations on why the videos may not have gained the desired traction within the community.

You pointed it out yourself, saying... "OK, the Ride like a girl video has 6 (now) likes. WTF? That was a great vid! You douchenozzles can't like a video?"

And you got the opportunity to do so... Because... I started this thread.

And you want to come down on me?

Really?

Edited by RidingAgain