IGNORED

6 Ways to Spot All Talk, No Action

TheX

This is awesome...

Let’s face it, you send a message with what you say AND what you do. If words aren’t supported with consistent actions, they will ring hollow. Someone once said, “Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold — but so does a hard-boiled egg.”

1. The emperor is all talk, no action. Like the emperor’s new clothes, everything is centered on the show rather than on substance. He talks a good game, but don’t expect any action or follow-up from this empty suit.

2. The politician will say anything to win your vote of confidence; this person is great with words but don’t ask for accountability. Once this opportunist gets what she wants, she’s nowhere to be found.

3. The hypocrites are so full of @#%^*?! that even they don’t believe what they are saying. Forget action on their part. They have a hard enough time keeping their own stories straight.

4. The drifters have no backbone. They make statements one minute and change their positions the next. If it seems that these folks are confused or evasive, it’s because they are.

5. The professor speaks eloquently about theory, but that’s where it ends. Action? That thought never crossed her mind. As the popular saying goes, “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

6. The zombie is so oblivious to reality he doesn’t even realize that his words are out of step with his actions. It only takes someone else to shine a bright light on this fellow to expose his insincerity.

When you “walk the talk,” your behavior becomes a catalyst for people’s trust and faith in you. And it also emphasizes what you stand for. So, any time you make a claim, no matter how small, and display inconsistent behavior, you shatter the comfort zone — and weaken your bond of trust with others. As a result, anything thought to be predictable in the future may be treated as suspect. The fact is, everything you do in life sends a message. So make sure to practice what you preach. As Ben Franklin said, “Well done is better than well said.”

image_6-ways-to-spot-all-talk-no-action.jpg

• Like 2

LOL...

The silly old man... Who stood on his soap box and declared he would block me.

And yet...

Here he is... Writing many words about me.

I remember reading once about a question that an old professional golfer was asked late on a night before the final round of a championship golf tournament. The person said that the younger player that the older golfer would be playing with on the final day was already in bed, and if he shouldn't be also. The older golfer replied, "He may be in bed, but you can take it to the bank that he's not sleeping."

The older golfer went out and won the tournament the next day.

Face to face is one thing...

But the mind...

The mind is quite another thing.

Edited by RidingAgain

54 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

James 2:17... "So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

This is one of my favs:

Ezekiel 23:20 : 20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

HAWT!!!!!!!

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

The biblical author

Yeh, but for me there's no problem with the Author or His work. Therefore no need to take up anything with Him.

Nor did I have a problem with your comment.

I simply addressed the possible relationship between the scripture you chose to quote and a penchant you may have.

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

I simply addressed the possible relationship between the scripture you chose to quote and a penchant you may have.

Of course the author is a "he" as only a man would be psychosexual enough to write all the tripe in that book of voodoo. Incest much?

You also assumed that from what I typed, just like we assume you're completely feckless and spend all of your time on facebook dreaming about stuff you'll never own or do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Of course the author is a "he" as only a man would be psychosexual enough to write all the tripe in that book of voodoo. Incest much?

You also assumed that from what I typed, just like we assume you're completely feckless and spend all of your time on facebook dreaming about stuff you'll never own or do. 

The silly one says... "Of course the author is a "he" as only a man would be psychosexual enough to write all the tripe in that book of voodoo.

Actually, the use of "...he..." is in the sense/context of headship/source... Not created gender.

But I fully understand your ignorance of this reality.

The silly one says... "Incest much?"

Not at all.

The silly one says... "You also assumed that from what I typed,..."

I didn't assume anything.

Read again what I wrote... "I simply addressed the possible relationship between the scripture you chose to quote and a penchant you may have."

That's... "...the possible relationship...".

No assumption there.

The silly one says... "...
 just like we assume you're completely feckless and spend all of your time on facebook dreaming about stuff you'll never own or do."

This is a free country, you can assume whatever you want to assume. But your assumptions do not necessarily equate to fact/reality.

But... Based on the penchant you've displayed on many occasions on these threads... I fully understand that in your vain mind you may think that your assumptions are fact/reality.

Thankfully...

What you think/assume doesn't dictate who I am.

But again... Based on the penchant you've displayed on many occasions on these threads... I fully understand that in your vain mind you may think that your assumptions do.