IGNORED

Bentonville/Fayetteville trail choices

9 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Tunnel Vision is a section, and Little Sugar is the system, as I understand it. But, Tunnel Vision is the bulk of the trail in the system.

@AustinBike nailed it.

Check out oztrails.com for some good maps of the trail systems up there. The AirBnB we stayed at in May had the Coler and Slaughter Pen maps hanging on the wall and they were a great way to get a big picture view of where to ride or where we did ride.

Here’s a link to their Little Sugar map: https://www.oztrails.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Little-Sugar-120720.pdf

and a general overview map showing the proximity of the different trail systems in Bentonville-Bella Vista area:

https://www.oztrails.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/BENTONVILLE-OVERALL-MAP_120720.pdf

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have never ridden Ledges. From what I hear, it shreds tires. Everyone I ride with refuses to ride it now because of that. Buyer beware. As for back 40 I cannot remember if we did it counterclockwise but we might have.

i admit to it being a couple years, but i found Ledges nowhere as rough on the bike as ATX - has Ledges been changed dramatically in 2 yrs ?

Then again i've 10 years of NE PA trails in between and those make ATX trails look like buff dirt.

I think Ledges has been somewhat sanitized in the last couple of years. I think they've added a couple of short bridges (or 1?) over some particularly tough ditch crossings. But as compared to everything else out there it is at least narrow corridor with some mild exposure. 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:25 AM, AustinBike said:

It wasn't technical per se, the issue with Ledges was that the rock (shale, I believe) was chewing up sidewalls.

IMO people really need to keep the paper-thin tires to the XC races, but maybe i'm biased by past tire trauma.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bear said:

IMO people really need to keep the paper-thin tires to the XC races, but maybe i'm biased by past tire trauma.

I have fresh Ardents that I have been waiting to put on. Gonna go all in about a week before we leave, get 2-3 rides on them just seat them perfectly, then let loose on mostly fresh rubber