IGNORED

SRAM Goes Wireless...

Got $2,000...

If you do... You can enjoy...

"...On a deeper level, it offers discerning riders unprecedented personalization and control of the drivetrain. On the bike and off. Deepening the relationship between machine and rider."

https://nsmb.com/articles/sram-launches-wireless-eagle-axs-drivetrains-and-reverb-dropper/

Edited by RidingAgain

2 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Got $2,000...

If you do... You can enjoy...

"...On a deeper level, it offers discerning riders unprecedented personalization and control of the drivetrain. On the bike and off. Deepening the relationship between machine and rider."

https://nsmb.com/articles/sram-launches-wireless-eagle-axs-drivetrains-and-reverb-dropper/

why would someone want this over cable actuated? especially bad enough to drop $2k on it. lol

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

But.. But... But...

lmao... these marketing editors must have a stressful job writing articles like these and not trying to sound like a total doofus

The price is ridiculous, but I would love this setup. The clean cockpit of a single speed bike, but with dropper and eagle drivetrain. Way easier to strip down the bike for cleaning. And being able to customize the functionality via the app satisfies the nerd in me. The price will come down over time and before you know it we'll all be adding spare AXS batteries to our hydration packs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shinerider said:

I know of at least one person who has the Shimano DiS version on a road bike and absolutely loves how it functions.  It auto-steps gear ratios between front and back derailleurs.

Dis and disc brakes are the main reason I want to update my 13 year old road bike.  I have severe wrist pain toward the end of 100 mile rides from the shifting on the regular ultegra levers.  Having been involved in the world of RC planes and cars 20 years ago, I always wondered why they didn’t use a servo to shift gears on a bike.  It just makes sense.

Servo operated master cylinder close to the caliper, much simpler to bleed and you can program in bite point/freestroke, lever sensitivity, and even ABS. Taking the bike apart for travel would be simplified too. Much easier to install for mountain tandems.

...wireless brakes would be nuts.