IGNORED

Demo Days

cxagent

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

In my bike search last month the Specialized Stumpjumper was on the list. BSS did not have a single large Stumpjumper of ANY flavor at ANY store. I literally had cash in hand and would possibly have bought at the time and the best I could do was ride an older model of a rental bike around the parking lot. My expectations for Specialized dropped pretty hard after that. There is a benefit from buying a big name brand, but when the bikes just can't be had, much of that benefit goes out the window.

That's some sour grapes. 

1 hour ago, bestbike85 said:

I’m assuming the only way to Brushy by bike is to take Parmer, right? 

if you are headed to deception, then you can take Lakeline/Neenah west and then a right on Staked Plains which dead ends into a trailhead.

if you are headed to peddlers pass, then Parmer would certainly be the fastest route.

I’m assuming the only way to Brushy by bike is to take Parmer, right? 

Where are you coming from?

I live near Parmer and Anderson Mill and sometimes ride up through the Forest North neighborhood (Broadmeade, etc) to Lake Creek Pkwy, to Lakeline Blvd, then to Staked Plains near the train station. From there, Staked Plains goes northwest through Avery Ranch, and dumps you right at the BCRT.

1 hour ago, notyal said:

That's some sour grapes. 

Actually that is some totally indifferent grapes. 

I ended up with a better bike, more of a shout out to the community that if you are going to demo a bike, it is worth asking your dealing what inventory status looks like. When the biggest guy can't get inventory then it might get some people fired up if they demo and then want to get one now. Just trying to set expectations.

9 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

I believe transition bikes will have some demos at the 11/16 Banduro in Bandera event!

wasssap!

A buddy of mine rode a Transition at Outerbike in 2016. He had no plans to buy a bike, but after that he bought a Transition within a couple weeks. He loves it.

7 hours ago, brentb said:

Where are you coming from?

I live near Parmer and Anderson Mill and sometimes ride up through the Forest North neighborhood (Broadmeade, etc) to Lake Creek Pkwy, to Lakeline Blvd, then to Staked Plains near the train station. From there, Staked Plains goes northwest through Avery Ranch, and dumps you right at the BCRT.

Should have clarified, in this context I would be coming from Parmer BSS. I didn’t know any of this though. Good info. I live near Lakeline/Ridgeline, 2.5 miles from the YMCA. Real nice to ride to brushy from the garage. 

1 hour ago, Hugh said:

A buddy of mine rode a Transition at Outerbike in 2016. He had no plans to buy a bike, but after that he bought a Transition within a couple weeks. 

I emailed Transition last week inquiring about the new Transition Scout. He wouldn’t spill the beans entirely, but expect a new release before the end of the year, and expect carbon. High on my radar. 

Edited by bestbike85

Should have clarified, in this context I would be coming from Parmer BSS. I didn’t know any of this though. Good info. I live near Lakeline/Ridgeline, 2.5 miles from the YMCA. Real nice to ride to brushy from the garage. 

That's even easier, with BSS being at Neenah which turns into Lakeline Blvd as it crosses Parmer.

Was able to hop on a Scott Genius 29er this morning for a quick 5 mile loop. Fun bike. I just sold the exact same bike a few months back in the 27.5 wheel size so it was nice to ride the same bike in the bigger wheelsize. They charge an arm and a leg for their bikes, but they sure are spec’d nicely. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, olddbrider said:

Looks like Spider is having 2 demo days this weekend. 

Niner on Saturday, 11/15 and Rocky Mountain on Sunday, 11/16.

i believe the Niner demo is actually on Friday 11/15.

https://www.facebook.com/events/831864320549768/

and it looks like Rocky Mountain is Saturday and Sunday 11/16 and 11/17.

https://www.facebook.com/events/970878706606402/

On 11/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

Anyone know if Spider is going to update their Friday hours?  Open 2-6 but the sun goes down at 5:30 this time of year.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:13 AM, Browndog said:

I was wondering the same thing. Thinking of going out tomorrow.

Looks like they did update their hours this weekend:

Friday-Sunday

8 am - 4 pm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...