IGNORED

Demo Days

cxagent

@mack_turtle

As an elder millennial (we’re really the Oregon Trail generation), just turned 40 as well, I feel your disillusionment. We finally got our finances in order to buy a house in 2019 and then we all know what happened. Me and the wife have also been looking for better paying jobs, we want to stay in Austin with both our families here, but it might not be doable. Wife is super close with her family, so we are gonna fight it out. Refuse to live in the outskirts so I guess we are renters for life? Fook. Anyways, bike are sooo expensive, save up and work on the wife for a while, lots of good used full sussers are going be popping up! Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockshins said:

@mack_turtle

, bike are sooo expensive, save up and work on the wife for a while, lots of good used full sussers are going be popping up! Good luck!

Yes, bikes, like homes will drastically come down in price just around the time the economy crashes. You millenials are used to this right? We are banking on this scenario and going to sell now, sit on the cash a bit and then cosplay what our overlords do, and buy cheap during hard times.  Austin is great for young people. We're no longer young.

I am glad I bought my place and my bikes when i did. All of it is so overpriced now, it's just freaking insane. I remember bitching about paying $3k for a frame and now that's considered a bargain. They definitely have us in the river.

Hard to beat the current crop of XC-ish bikes that have more progressive GEO while still maintaining a good pedaling platform. Transition Spur, Kona Hei Hei or Revel Ranger would be my choice if I was masochistic enough to keep riding CTX into my 50s.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2

Finally rode my bike today. Definitely need to see a doc because I feel like crap, but at least I found my stoke again for now. I'm not convinced that I need a fancy squishy bike, but something with stability that inspires me to push the bike harder might be nice. This front tire is not helping either. This seems to happen to all my front tires.

20220326_095442.thumb.jpg.3c5d3b16f1039dda7a26d22ec3eca03a.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

Finally rode my bike today. Definitely need to see a doc because I feel like crap, but at least I found my stoke again for now. I'm not convinced that I need a fancy squishy bike, but something with stability that inspires me to push the bike harder might be nice. This front tire is not helping either. This seems to happen to all my front tires.

20220326_095442.thumb.jpg.3c5d3b16f1039dda7a26d22ec3eca03a.jpg

Is that a DHR2 on the front?

• 6 months later...