IGNORED

Demo Days

cxagent

Eminent Cycles had a demo tent at Spider last Saturday. I'm not usually one to demo bikes, but I had never ridden a high-pivot bike before so I handed over my ID and credit card and - 30 minutes later - off I went. I took the Haste (170/160mm) for 3 runs down the hill and while it was a nice bike, it certainly didn't make me want to "upgrade" from my Ripmo AF. I'm sure you could chalk some of it up to familiarity, but I just think my current rig felt better in that environment. I'm sure Spider isn't necessarily the best place to experience all the benefits of the high pivot, so maybe I'd feel differently if I was able to ride it somewhere else. I also thought the spec on the bike was pretty unimpressive for a $7000 bike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

Eminent Cycles had a demo tent at Spider last Saturday. I'm not usually one to demo bikes, but I had never ridden a high-pivot bike before so I handed over my ID and credit card and - 30 minutes later - off I went. I took the Haste (170/160mm) for 3 runs down the hill and while it was a nice bike, it certainly didn't make me want to "upgrade" from my Ripmo AF. I'm sure you could chalk some of it up to familiarity, but I just think my current rig felt better in that environment. I'm sure Spider isn't necessarily the best place to experience all the benefits of the high pivot, so maybe I'd feel differently if I was able to ride it somewhere else. I also thought the spec on the bike was pretty unimpressive for a $7000 bike.

Can confirm that spider, as cool as it is, doesn't get fast or rough enough for a big travel high pivot to shine. I had more fun there on my 100mm trailbike than my 180mm high pivot. I would also never buy a high pivot for CTX.

Edited by ATXZJ

• 11 months later...