IGNORED

Favorite Trail Tools

Ridenfool

38 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Broken down these are ~4' segments and could easily be put in a backpack if you lash the 3 together with the handle/trimmer at the bottom.

That will also function as a handy low limb indicator. When an offending limb gets caught in the lashed package stored in the pack it is time to assemble it and do a little trimming. 🚴‍♂️🤣

(really need that flipping bike emoji from BikeMojo to better illustrate this concept)

• 1 year later...

How do y’all store your chainsaws?  Do you empty the bar oil?  I am have them in trash bags on the floor but would like to hang them without bags.  One leaks pretty badly even though I replaced all the gaskets.

Somewhat related, I would like recommendations on a log splitting ax.

I just hang mine, very little leakage.

instead of a splitting axe I have a stump mounted splitter. I use a 3 pound hammer to split logs. If you want to come by I will let you split logs for an hour to see if you like it. If you think you will need 2 hours to fully test I will let you do that, but you’ll need to bring beer with you.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

How do y’all store your chainsaws?  Do you empty the bar oil?  I am have them in trash bags on the floor but would like to hang them without bags.  One leaks pretty badly even though I replaced all the gaskets.

On the gas chainsaw I'll use a funnel to pour the oil back into its original container rather than contend with the mess it makes in its plastic case. The Ryobi pole saw rarely has any oil left after use and doesn't seem to seep as much as the Husqvarna.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Fiskars Axe: Bought one of these almost a decade ago. Has been great. I find it to be a split 😉 between an axe and maul. Stuff explodes when you hit it. 

To be fair, most of my use has been on PNW cedar and fir (green and dried). I have not tried many Central Texas Hardwoods with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Super-Splitting-Inch-378841-1002/dp/B004M3BAQE/

Edited by RedRider3141
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I’m 5’9”. Should I go with the x27 36” handle or the x25 28” handle.

I'm also 5'9" and historically I've always used a "Boys Axe" which is 24"-28". I went with the 36" Fiskars and had to change my swing just a bit but after awhile got used to it and appreciated the additional leverage. 

• Thanks 1