IGNORED

I think I set a new personal record.

zrx24

I would not expect an endo from that picture. If they have any forward momentum at all they should land on the ramp, not on the lip.

A few years ago I was endo'ing at least once per ride. I had a bike fit and they lowered my seat almost an inch. I quit endo'ing.

Than about a year later I started endo'ing again. I thought someone had raised my seat as a joke. That was not the problem. Eventually figured out my forks were leaking. I started checking the air pressure before a ride. No more endo's. (Replaced the fork seals a week later.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cxagent said:

I would not expect an endo from that picture. If they have any forward momentum at all they should land on the ramp, not on the lip.

But considering that their bottom bracket on the takeoff I am going with the fact that there is 0 momentum to be had here.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Where were you riding?

Upper BC greenbelt area.  Got bit on Rattlesnake, which was the one that caught me most by surprise.  The other two were attempting a couple of tricky sections that I knew were high risk, so not much of a surprise.  No biggie.  All were slow and as controlled as endos can be.  Mostly the result of learning the characteristics of a new (to me) bike; getting to know limits.

Edited by zrx24

1 hour ago, Seths Pool said:

any observations as to why that happened? what trail? do you have a dropper? what bike? what were you doing? we need more info

lol

This isn't a "What am I doing wrong?" kind of thread.  Just a fun thread to take a moment to laugh about things.

Here's something that is a bit laughable.  I FINALLY decided to upgrade my ride.  This "new" bike I recently picked up (2014 Pivot 429 Carbon) replaces my 2001 Trek Fuel 80.  As you can imagine, EVERYTHING is different.  So I'm in process of refining a few of my very "old school" skills.  One of the biggest adjustments has been getting used to disc brakes!  I know, right?  lol

This bike is friggin' phenomenal!  After the first ride I felt the need to cut down the bars just a tad and go to different grips.  After the second ride I determined that lower gearing was in order - it came with a 1x10 32/36 setup.  I dropped the front to a 30, which is better but still need a little more.  Installing a 42T cassette this evening.  With that change I think I'll have it setup just right.  🙂

Edited by zrx24
  • Like 1