IGNORED

Zip Tie Wound Closure: It's a thing

June Bug

This came across my Twitter feed, and it even has a mtn biker going over the handlebars.  

Or here's the actual web site.  https://zipstitch.us/

This would be super handy in a first aid kit.  We have both butterfly closures and the wound closure strips, but I like how you can ratchet down the little zip things after you center the tape part. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chief said:

Crazy Glue, cheap and effective. Stings like a bitch but works. 25 years working in body shops I've had my share of sheet metal skin flapper cuts.

I recently started using liquid bandage which is basically the same thing but a bit more flexible when dry. Yes, also stings like crazy when wet. I've been impressed with the how well it holds up under a glove on a long ride. 

I like the idea of the zip tie closure for big gashes but I'm not sure of the first aid application. Aside from the (current) expense of the product I see this as more of a, "I'm home and thoroughly washed the wound and disinfected the area and want to avoid going to urgent care" sort of application, so second aid? I'd think any trailside care would leave everything to dirty to stick/heal well. 

Edited by RedRider3141
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, AntonioGG said:

I've met a ranch hand that carried his own surgical stapler.  That will leave a nice scar to tell stories about.

Yes I had one of these from a vet in case my old dog opened a wound up. She did. I did. I miss that thing.