IGNORED

How do we feel about One Wheels?

csmceuen

19 minutes ago, Teamsloan said:

Simply because you are the newcomer. Your interpretation of the law is new. The anus is on you justify yourself, not the established user abiding by "Old School" rules.

By the way, for the most part I think you are on the right track in building positive relationships with the biking community and changing the perception of the laws...for the most part. 🙂 But it's going to take time, patience, and some involvement by higher authorities (AB's point) to ever get fully accepted.

As a Mod, I can see your edit history.  You went back and edited, but left your anus hanging out there.  Kudos, sir!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

And here's a little advice re. online forum discussions... Never get yourself entwined emotionally with anyone. You can poke, nudge, tickle, expose, set straight, get a rise out of, laugh at/with... But do so understanding that it's all pretty superficial, in the sense of expectations of others. Just bring something of yourself to the table, that at best others can profit by, with no expectations of gaining anything in return.

Incongruent post, compared to the way you slammed Mr. 'Pool earlier in the same thread.  Trail building is thankless work that is only compounded by criticism by thankless people who don't bring sweat equity to the table.  You talk a lot.

3 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Sucks the Wookie died
But how cool would it have been he died on the 4th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking it pretty hard.  I'm adopted and my wife and kids got me a DNA test for Christmas.  I finally spit in the tube and mailed the thing off.  It came back pretty generic, but the surprising part was the 1%, or so DNA labelled: "unassigned."  My kids say it's Wookie.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

Sucks the Wookie died
But how cool would it have been he died on the 4th?

Methinks the significance of the day the Wookie did pass was quite impressive.

If they were to have had the memorial on May 4 it would have been a good day as a sendoff.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

I realize some of you may have never seen a onewheel before, much less seen one in action on a trail!

Here is a link to a video my good friend made - I was recording, and he is the rider.  The video is of us doing a run through the inner log loop. I hope you enjoy it, and it puts the stoke in your Friday!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DirtSurfer said:

I realize some of you may have never seen a onewheel before, much less seen one in action on a trail!

Here is a link to a video my good friend made - I was recording, and he is the rider.  The video is of us doing a run through the inner log loop. I hope you enjoy it, and it puts the stoke in your Friday!

That does look fun.

• Like 2

Alright. All bickering should end right now because that’s cool AF. All I could think about while watching was: should I go clipless or flats, what aftermarket knobbies are available, and should I buy now or wait for the 29er-equivalent (15er?) to come out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

Alright. All bickering should end right now because that’s cool AF. All I could think about while watching was: should I go clipless or flats, what aftermarket knobbies are available, and should I buy now or wait for the 29er-equivalent (15er?) to come out?

LOL- I'm glad you liked it!  The current model is the XR and is all you could ever want in a trail riding beast- the motor is 750 watts and meets the maximum allowed for an EPAMD, so they wont be making it any stronger - the battery gets 12 to 18 miles to a charge, which is plenty - I say buy now! lol   I know you are probably just joking, but if you are serious, I have a friend who is a dealer in Dallas who gets me better prices than are legal to put in print.  I have helped a few people get new OWs, and I'd be happy to help you get one too.  If you are going to be at Brushy Creek tomorrow you can try mine out if you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spicewookie said:

I also make a motion to ARR and FR512 to purchase these for all trail stewards. Just think of how much ground you could cover with a backpack leaf blower and how many mud ruts you could smash flat aboard this badass hover board wizardry. 

It's my goal to have at least one OW rider at every trail maintenance day.  We will have 3 OWs coming tomorrow to help out at Brushy Creek, so keep that in mind if you see an opportunity to put us to good use.  No need to purchase, we will be there!

• Like 2

Also, completely serious: when you do catch air, does it freewheel, stop, or keep (motorized) spinning?  I was also serious about going clipless (cleat/binding setup) for bunny hops, etc.  I’ll spend all weekend on YouTube watching off-road OWs now. Thanks. 

Now off to PB to build OW-specific trails. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

I’m quite serious, and thank you for your contribution to this forum, trail work, and trail stoke!

4 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

Also, completely serious: when you do catch air, does it freewheel, stop, or keep (motorized) spinning?  I was also serious about going clipless (cleat/binding setup) for bunny hops, etc.  I’ll spend all weekend on YouTube watching off-road OWs now. Thanks. 

Now off to PB to build OW-specific trails. 

I have Flight Fins on mine, which are like bindings that you can slip your feet under so you don't disconnect from the board if you catch air.  You can actually jump up in the air with them and keep the board attached to you, so you can hop up curbs or over big roots.  FlightFins are for more advanced riders.  You slip your feet out from under them if you need to bail.  Landing on one wheel is not easy, so catching air is next level.  The wheel rotates in whatever direction the board is tilting - if you catch air (which is rare, except on drops) and remain level (which is required to land), the wheel doesn't rotate much at all, If you're off balance or tilting the board, it will spin in the direction it is tilting.    

• Like 1

I would never own an E-bike but have no problem sharing the trail with them! These things look less ominous than an e-bike and likely are only be found on really smooth trails which are few and far between around here! I have yet to encounter one on the trail but don’t think they will be anymore of an issue than someone trying for a KOM on a mountain bike!  The first time I heard of one I checked them out and would probably own one if I thought I could afford another expensive hobby! Reminds me how do I convince my whife to let me spend  5K on my next bike? 

• Like 1