IGNORED

How do we feel about One Wheels?

csmceuen

I know this conversation is much bigger than Onewheels, but for the record, I don't think anyone in the Onewheel community is asking for any B lines.  We expect to carry in a few spots- it's part of the game.  If it's too much carrying, then we find another trail, or come back when we are better riders.  As a MTB rider I have always felt this way, and never expected anyone to make a difficult trail easier, so that I could ride it.  In today's environment, I'm not sure what the best stance is on the subject, so I'll leave it to the experts.

I'm happy to work on whatever the leader of the trail maintenance suggests.  If that is B lines, then let's make some B lines.  I'm still learning and taking it all in.  This past weekend, 2 of my friends joined me at Walnut to work the trails.  We were 3 of 9 total volunteers, although one friend had to leave early to teach Sunday school.  We did 3 hours of straight shoveling in the sun.  The work was done on lower powerline where we added some rollers.  I think it came out great!

• Like 7

My buddy Alex puts together some great videos, so here is another one to start this weekend off with some stoke!  I hope yall like it.  This was filmed mostly at Walnut creek on the outer log loop.  I'm the guy in the blue shirt if anyone was wondering.   Have a great weekend! 

• Like 7

My OneWheel and MTB both live in harmony. I've yet to ride the OW on the trails though. Looks like tons of fun. I fractured my shoulder on mine a few years ago when it nosed dived at 20mph on me. It definitely takes skill to ride these on anything but flat ground.

IMG_0375.jpg

Edited by radiantm3
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

It's been quiet over here, so I thought a little stoke video to get the weekend started was in order!   I helped my buddy Alex film some good friends out at Walnut creek.  I was the lead camera and he was the chase camera.  Let me know what yall think!   I'm always down to ride, so if anyone is onewheel-curious , just hit me up, I'd be glad to meet up with you and bring an extra board for you to ride.   We can start on flat ground first 😁 

Edited by DirtSurfer
fat-fingers
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

Nice air over the jump!  The sign of mastery is when you make something hard look easy.  You guys make it look easy and I'm sure it's not.  Well done!

Thanks!  Notice the protective gear, and if you could zoom in, you would see it's well used!  I think the sticker on my fender sums up the attitude required for trail riding whether on a MTB or a OW 🤣

20190706_101720.jpg

23 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Tonight walking the big hound we saw two guys on their OW in our hood
(Rattan Creek) in North Austin.
Saw them the other evening as well.
Maybe part of your crew?
I wanted to chat them up but wasn't possible

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm asking around,  but no reply yet.  Let's see if I can track these guys down 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1