IGNORED

Non-MTB Owl Help...

RidingAgain

So my wife sat down on the sofa this morning while I was fixing breakfast and suddenly said to me... "Is that an owl?"

Yep... There was an owl sitting on some shoes I have on a plastic container in our apartment. A little one, maybe 8" tall. It must have come in when we had the door open in the past few days.

I managed to pick the shoe up that it was sitting on and take it outside. It didn't fly off so I found a dry broken branch and put him/her on it. But its still just sitting on it.

Could it be injured? Or weak from hunger.

Is there a group of animal people that I could call about it. This owl even let me pet it a couple of times.

Not sure what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to just leave it out there.

Here's a photo... Wife got a video of me taking it outside as well.

So here's what happened. 

On the way to the wildlife center I had it in a box and started to hear some noise from the box from its wings and nails and I suddenly relalized that I'd been hearing similar sounds coming from around my apartment for a few day. This fella must have been in my apartment since maybe Friday when I opened the patio door. But I remember thinking that it was just some paper or maybe plant leaves moving from the wind or AC. It never occured to me to look for what was making the noise.

If this is the case, then it must have been dehydrated and hungry, which why it wasn't into flying off when we got it outside.

Strange thing though, while I was inside getting info on what to do, my wife was outside sitting next to it stroking its head, and she said it was just sitting there in no way agitated. 

Anyway, the folks at the wildlife center were great and seemed to know exactly what to do. I asked if, when it was ready for release, I could come back and get it to let it go where we are, but they said that's exactly what they do and that they would prefer to do it themselves as it would give them a chance to look around at its habitat.

Thanks again for the help folks... Kind of weird waking up with an owl in your living room.

Bamwa... Here's a photo...

IMG_2658.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Oh shoot... I thought it was this month. Thanks for the heads up, I would have been setting up at Bike Farm wondering where everyone was.

I hadn't been to a frankenbike in a while, and I have a couple old MTBs to get rid of, so I'm glad you posted the link.

• Like 1