IGNORED

2019 Austin Ridge Riders Pace Bend Race p/b Chumba Cycles USA

ARR

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to figure out which of these 3 categories would be best for me, but can't make sense of last year's times. This year's race shows 2 laps for Cat1 (60+), 2 laps for Cat2 (50+), and 1 lap for Cat3 (60+). I'm guessing for the Cat1 and Cat2 times shown below, the web page should be showing an hour indicator in front of the minutes, but even then all of these times seem a bit fast for these cats. Was the course shorter last year by chance? 

pb3.PNG

pb2.PNG

pb1.PNG

Yeah, I am pretty sure it's missing the 1hr for Cat2 and Cat1.  

https://s3.amazonaws.com/imm-usac-uat-bucket-16e9mh4tuo6kc/documents/Rules-Policies/USAC_RuleBook_2019_Chpt_01.pdf

(a) Rider categories are assigned by USA Cycling based on a rider’s experience and perfor- mance. Riders are assigned to the lowest ability category until a higher category has been earned.

(b) For MTB, a rider may choose to be a category 2 or 3 without having to earn points. Once such a choice is made, the rider may not drop back to a lower category without first request- ing and receiving a downgrade.

• Like 1