IGNORED

Official Thumper EB Pre-Ride: THIS SATURDAY October 15th.

CBaron

Hello all,

I've not seen much EB talk over here....I don't know if its lack of interest or quiet stealth training??  But one think I DO KNOW FOR CERTAIN is that if you plan to ride the EB, then familiarity with Thumper can go a long LONG way!  This coming Saturday is your big opportunity to get out here for an official EB Thumper Pre-Ride.  If you should up and join in with us not only will you get to follow along the official Thumper EB route, but you can get some really good trail-info that will help you 'know things' come EB day.

Hope you see you there!

-CJB

Official Thumper EB Pre-Ride:  THIS SATURDAY OCTOBER 15th

Meeting location: Duck Pond in Arboretum (behind Renaissance Hotel).

Meeting time: 8:45am (w/roll out at 9am)

Route Plans: Leave Duck Pond and head down 360 to Spicewood.  Then ride over to St Eds first, then over to Youpon and up to Thumper for a civilized lap.  We will do our best to stop at some of the "confusion spots" and give insight into the route.  But I can't 100% say that this is a 'no drop ride'; it is nearly impossible to pull that off at Thumper.  Be fully prepared to be self-sufficient, even though we won't plan to go fast.  I may potentially be doing some more markings and trail adjustments during this ride.  

Previous years Strava route:  This can give you a basic idea of the Thumper-St Eds ride/distance/time   https://www.strava.com/activities/1197925764

If you have any questions or comments, then please post them up.

Thanks
-CJB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I really want to ride it but these days I’m struggling on the MTB even at Walnut.  I’m not sure what is going on.

Sometime it happens.  I felt absolutely terrible on my Thursday ride.

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Sadly I did not train at all this year so I have to pass. Gonna be in Bentonville anyway. Almost ride thumper this morning but I was on a rigid singlespeed so I opted to pass. Weirdly I miss riding thumper and might head over there in a week or so, it's an acquired taste.

Thumper is in pretty good shape right now.  I'd wager one of the best times to make a lap out there is post-EB after all the traffic has made its way through there.  Especially if we happen to get a little rain soon.

Later,
CJB

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I really want to ride it but these days I’m struggling on the MTB even at Walnut.  I’m not sure what is going on.

Did you have covid? I know a lot of people who find that the hangover from covid runs significantly longer than expected if they got back to riding too quickly afterwards.