IGNORED

I would love to test ride this fork.

TheX

I was just riding with Jeff Kendall -Weed last week showing him Cat Mtn, and RPR, and he has one of these forks.. another riding buddy of mine has one too. they look crazy and complicated, but the dudes who own them seem to like them..  the complexity and the price tag make it a solid no-go for me but I always appreciate some innovation

9 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

I was just riding with Jeff Kendall -Weed last week showing him Cat Mtn, and RPR, and he has one of these forks.. another riding buddy of mine has one too. they look crazy and complicated, but the dudes who own them seem to like them..  the complexity and the price tag make it a solid no-go for me but I always appreciate some innovation

Name dropper.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

Saw the vids on IG and was surprised to see that. He's definitely one to give that fork a proper test. 

P.S. Was he the first to clean the climb up the entrance to cat?

13 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Saw the vids on IG and was surprised to see that. He's definitely one to give that fork a proper test. 

P.S. Was he the first to clean the climb up the entrance to cat?

he sure as hell did man. and at RPR, he made it really far up a rock slab after an impressive trials bunny hop over a boulder that we were all seasoning riding down that I otherwise wouldve thought was rather impossible.

super cool dude, excellent and talented rider. humbling to ride with a guy like that for sure! anyone could learn a lot from him!

• Like 2

The design looks as though it uses similar principles that a few motorcycle designs have used. The idea being that it will absorb bumps without causing significant changes in wheelbase length. An axle that moves vertically, instead of sliding both up and rearward like a telescoping fork, is less likely to require constant adjustments to steering due to suspension action. Meaning it will "track better" as those in the video described.

Another benefit to such a design should be less brake dive, as braking forces will be coming at a right angle to the vertical travel and won't compress the suspension as much as a higher angled telescoping fork will. This will further improve how the wheels track while turning because the wheelbase remains static in both braking and while the fork is moving through its travel. The riding "no hands" into a curb segment demonstrated this aspect.

Another aspect is how a telescoping fork that is say, a 150 mm travel design, may only be providing 120 mm in vertical travel (actual bump absorption). The angle the front axle is moving has both an upward and rearward aspect when a telescoping fork compresses. This will affect the turning radius of the bike as the suspension moves.  A fork like this one with the axle moving closer to 90 degrees in reference to the ground can absorb an equal size bump with less overall travel when compared to a telescoping design.

As good as these things are, the issue on longer rear travel bikes and this fork making a lower BB height leading to pedal strikes, and the need to install spacers to bring the handlebars up for a good cockpit fit could be addressed in the design by making a small, medium and large version to match the overall height that a variety of rear suspension travel frames will have.

Hopefully this tech will get enough interest to trickle down to a more affordable price point as other Weagle designs have done.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

I like the idea of the trailing linkage as it causes the axle path to move rearward then up basically getting the wheel out of the way when it encounters an obstacle or ledge. In the video the guy rolls over a curb with no hands which is pretty impressive. If you tried that with a telescopic fork you'd more than likely end up on your ass. The other great thing about this type of fork is it basically eliminates brake dive because of the axle path it needs to use to get the fork moving in it's travel. Here is another fork on the market with a similar concept. Watch the part in the video @8:35 where he is braking with this fork, it has absolutely no brake dive. Personally I don't think I'd ever mount this on my bike just due to the fact of how goofy it looks but I would be interested in testing the Trust fork.

Edited by Chief
  • Like 2

I just want to know who I have to talk to so I can go by my first, middle, and last name.  "Jeff Kendall Weed".  It's not like he's John Smith and needed another name in there to differentiate himself.  Is "Kendall Weed" his last name?  I see this causing a serious PITA to some IT guy out there trying to set up his e-mail.

Edited by Tree Magnet

6 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

I just want to know who I have to talk to so I can go by my first, middle, and last name.  "Jeff Kendall Weed".  It's not like he's John Smith and needed another name in there to differentiate himself.  Is "Kendall Weed" his last name?  I see this causing a serious PITA to some IT guy out there trying to set up his e-mail.

Ok, no worries, Tree Kendall Magnet. See, it wasn't that hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

It is the name of a new strain now available at the Colorado dispensaries.

I heard a lot of actors go by their full names because the Screen Actors Guild requires every member to have a unique name. Even if nobody has ever heard of that name, if some dude with the same name made a commercial and became a member of the SAG, it's taken. One prime example, "Michael Fox" was taken so he added the J. Then tried to go back to the future to meet and kill the original Michael Fox. Fortunately for that original "MF"er, he turned into a werewolf and played a basketball game instead. True story.

• Like 2

You can be called anything you want. But do you want to? https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GunmanWithThreeNames  Talk to James Earl Ray. Or maybe James Earl Jones. Or David Allen Coe. Or maybe John Henry Booth. Or maybe J Edgar Hoover. But if you really want to be "special" talk to George Herbert Walker Bush. Not many people have 4 names. I think a lot IT guys head would explode with four names.

Or better yet, look at how the Spanish language works with names. I have seen some with 8 to 10 names.

Speaking of names. There are some names that raise eyebrows when used as a last name. Now days Weed is one of them. But my favorite was a person who decided to hyphenate when she got married. (I am changing the first name to protect the real person.)
Susie Johnson-Hunter is what she became. Yes this was back when "you don't have to call me Johnson" was a thing. It was all I could do to keep a straight face when I heard that one.

• Like 1

We have some great names at my place that crack me up and wonder how people went that far in life with names like that

Jkweed or Id do just weed@xxxxx if he complained , owell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't stop looking at the information on the Motion Ride E18.

It appears to be chock full of awesome with a better price point than the Trust. (about half the price, with the 200 Euro discount offered for joining the Motion Ride club) Watching the videos and reading the articles and testimonials of those who have sampled it have a few nits and picks, but all are enthusiastically saying the pros outweigh the cons by a significant margin because of how it transforms the ride.

Still, a pretty steep buy-in just the same. This sort of tech is bound to re-invent the front suspension for MTB as they are getting the travel and weight into comparable ranges with traditional forks and the performance aspects will put distance between them and what will eventually become old-school.

Edited by Ridenfool

I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and I love beautiful mechanical solutions to complex problems.  That being said, these linkage forks make me cringe when I see them.  I'm not even sure you could put one of those on some slick super-bike and make it look good.  I need to put on my blinders and ride one and then perhaps the performance would blow me away.  

• Like 3