IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

It really does look ominous on the radar. But it only shows 40% chance. And the radar shows that whole system evaporating as it hits Austin. I look forward to getting caught in the rain, but being pleasantly surprised if I don't. 

Got in 14 miles yesterday on the trails. Even though we had rain, getting there early was the saving grace. I was stunned at how dry the trails were, but eventually we opted to head back because the light rain was starting to make the loose dirt cake up on tires, so we rode the concrete path back.

• Like 1

The new word on Facespace is that tires were still collecting mud as of about an hour ago. IMO based on what I've seen over the last few months, if you go out and ride tonight you and the trail will probably be just fine. You will splash through a couple of small puddles in a few places, and pick up a little damp moondust on your tires, all while not causing any significant damage. Just be willing to bail if it's worse than expected.

But I think I'll give WC a rest tonight and go check out the CnD, which appears to be happening and dryer than WC.

Edited by Barry
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Barry said:

But I think I'll give WC a rest tonight and go check out the CnD, which appears to be happening and dryer than WC.

I think this sounds like a dandy plan.  You other R&I'ers should make the pilgrimage down South!

-CJB

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I think this sounds like a dandy plan.  You other R&I'ers should make the pilgrimage down South!

-CJB

Uh oh, this sounds like the beginnings of a bad movie.....Remember what happened to the Warriors when they left the hood???

• Like 1

For the same reason I haven't made the R&I regularly, it's just tough for me to make it.  I've had project meetings 4:30-5:30 for the last 5-6 years (maybe more).  When I make the R&I, it's b/c I put my ear bud in and take the call on the road if I don't have to lead the call, finish in the parking lot, and ride at 5:30.  I'd love to just take off from work at 4:30 and ride to the ride (I've done it once on the weekend, 360, drop in at HOL, S16/VC to Brodie, then drop-in on the trails to get to ATX))

3 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

For the same reason I haven't made the R&I regularly, it's just tough for me to make it.  I've had project meetings 4:30-5:30 for the last 5-6 years (maybe more).  When I make the R&I, it's b/c I put my ear bud in and take the call on the road if I don't have to lead the call, finish in the parking lot, and ride at 5:30.  I'd love to just take off from work at 4:30 and ride to the ride (I've done it once on the weekend, 360, drop in at HOL, S16/VC to Brodie, then drop-in on the trails to get to ATX))

Maybe find a new job?

-CJB

• Like 1