IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

Big rain just North if WC right now. I’m talking easily 0.25” to 0.5”.

Yup, big rain in the WC 'hood. Knocked out power for a minute or two and still raining.  The Weather Underground home station on Lincolnshire right by WC shows 0.99"   (Edit: it's now up to 1.01") 

This feels so monsoon-ish. 

Edited by June Bug

On 7/10/2019 at 7:33 AM, Shinerider said:

Long Live the R&I.  Dirt was just fine.

Yes, the dirt was just sticky enough with no dust anywhere.  Good to see the five others how showed up.  The sausage selection was really good, too. 😄

I'm really glad to hear the trails dried fast enough for R&I, that's encouraging in general for the ongoing condition of the trails. I live right off he park now, and I can tell you for sure the park got hammered from 5 to 7 Monday night. It came down long and hard. But I had a great CnD ride--I like to use rain as a motivator to shake Tuesdays up on occasion. 

We also got real lucky last night by just missing rain at WC. So I'm looking forward to good OB ride there tonight. 

2 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Exactly why I cant ride there anymore

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I make sure to spray arms/legs liberally with sunblock before riding there. It adds a bit of a barrier, thus giving me more time to get it washed off (cool rinse, wash arms/legs with DAWN dish soap, then shower as normal with soap and washrag.) Works pretty well, as I am very allergic to it (started when I was 9 and had near 100% body coverage with the rash. Oatmeal baths for a couple weeks.)