IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

On 5/7/2021 at 10:29 PM, Teamsloan said:

He knows me. He knows my subtle masochistic tendencies. He’s who got me in to doing the EB. I enjoy that hurt. That’s what the road bike is for. Dang, I need go get some climbing done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first EB was on a 29er SS with 2.4" Nevegals. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shinerider said:

My first EB was on a 29er SS with 2.4" Nevegals. 

My last EB was with a 29er SS with 3" DHRs.  Road sections were a PITA and my gear was too high for the flats and too low for the hills.  Lots of walking up hills but it was still a good time on the bike.

• Like 2

Geeze. Was expecting to get a bunch of rain today but it does not seem to be the case. Maybe we’ll get an R&I today. Can anyone confirm the absence or presence of significant precipitation in the Walnut area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if we are gonna brag about EBs and tires, the best EBs are the ones you do on your own because you are not going to be there on the day. Then it gets canceled because of weather. And, *technically* you end up in second place. But, arguably, you also came in last place because only two people did it that year. And the guy that beat you beat you by several hours. On a singlespeed. But, the tires were Ardent 2.4's.

Edited by AustinBike
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CBaron said:

No rain at all as of yet.  But I'm not terribly hopeful this will hold out.

-CJB

Yeah. 😞

the cell West of us was heading north but started to shift east around 2pm. We’ll see what happens. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

@throet looks like I will be stuck a bit later at work than I planned. I can join you for a lap.

Oh darn. Wish I would have checked this earlier. I ended up just staying put and am now getting ready to go out for dinner. Appreciate the offer and hope to get over there next week! 

• Like 1