IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

1 hour ago, Teamsloan said:

There was no snacking last night. I guess that part ebbs and flows as well. Sometimes there’s a bag of chips, other times it’s like a four course dinner.

20 years…lots of iterations and lots of faces, but still the longest going unofficial official year round ride I know of! Need to get lights together so I can hopefully start making it again.

2 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

20 years…lots of iterations and lots of faces, but still the longest going unofficial official year round ride I know of! Need to get lights together so I can hopefully start making it again.

I used to enjoy the 'end of season' celebrations, even though we all knew we would see one another the following week. That, by the way, makes next Tues the 'last' R&I of the season. I don't go as often now - it's changed a lot since traffic got so bad that a large group now rides down south instead. But hey, I'll try and make next week with the grill - weather looks to be good.

• Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 11:09 AM, TAF said:

I used to enjoy the 'end of season' celebrations, even though we all knew we would see one another the following week. That, by the way, makes next Tues the 'last' R&I of the season. I don't go as often now - it's changed a lot since traffic got so bad that a large group now rides down south instead. But hey, I'll try and make next week with the grill - weather looks to be good.

Did you move down south?  I remember 2010 EB someone yelling your name at a house on Shoal Creek.  Good times!

On 10/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, AntonioGG said:

Did you move down south?  I remember 2010 EB someone yelling your name at a house on Shoal Creek.  Good times!

Nope, but a lot of the folks I enjoyed hanging with at R&I started to ride south instead.

I plan to show up for the season closer this Tuesday - I have some beer and food left over from the EB to serve up.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

R&I is dead!

The trails at Walnut have really gone to shit -- so much over-use. It was worth the extra drive up to Cedar Park -- 90 min ride without seeing a soul, and a good crowd at Red Horn after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TAF said:

The trails at Walnut have really gone to shit -- so much over-use. It was worth the extra drive up to Cedar Park -- 90 min ride without seeing a soul, and a good crowd at Red Horn after.

Right. Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TAF said:

I guess it’s subjective. With all the trail work that has gone on in 2021, I think that 80% of the changes are awesome. Windy is a great example of some positive changes. 

For the 20%, yeah, shit. One example that comes to mind is the sanitizing done at the end of BMX. I personally feel it was unnecessary. 

At the end of the day, the good far outweighs the bad. Most of Walnut is beginner friendly anyways. For an advanced rider, the changes made, in my opinion, have not dumbed the trails down, but have made them more fun to go fast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Yeah, I gotta learn not to try to chase you guys on a singlespeed. Strava did tell me I had 12 or 13 PRs yesterday, but I was totally beat at the end.

You had 28 PRs!  And you gave me a hard time about Strava a couple of weeks ago 🙂  (I was trying to do a full lap and beat sundown...which I did barely 2 weeks in a row)

4 hours ago, WLemke said:

I guess it’s subjective. With all the trail work that has gone on in 2021, I think that 80% of the changes are awesome. Windy is a great example of some positive changes. 

For the 20%, yeah, shit. One example that comes to mind is the sanitizing done at the end of BMX. I personally feel it was unnecessary. 

At the end of the day, the good far outweighs the bad. Most of Walnut is beginner friendly anyways. For an advanced rider, the changes made, in my opinion, have not dumbed the trails down, but have made them more fun to go fast. 

To honest, I was talking about general trail erosion - exposed roots, soil levels wiped out, etc. Not critiquing the work of the trail crew. It doesn't bother me to ride em, but I enjoy the flow and solitude up at SN. Not a single bag of dog crap, either!

3 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

You had 28 PRs!  And you gave me a hard time about Strava a couple of weeks ago 🙂  (I was trying to do a full lap and beat sundown...which I did barely 2 weeks in a row)

Yeah, I basically just use strava to track rides and mileage, I never get into segments. That was the fastest that I think I ever rode WC so I actually went to take a look at how I did. Go ahead and smack down my Strava talk, when it comes to that thing I don't really use it, it's a bucket for me. The only interesting stat remains how much mileage on which bike.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TAF said:

Not a single bag of dog crap, either!

@Barry has been speaking directly to the dogs lately, bypassing the owners. His focus has been on being off leash west of the creek. I’m sure he can bring up this issue with them as well. 

Edited by WLemke
  • Like 1

Just now, WLemke said:

@Barry has been speaking directly to the dogs lately, bypassing the owners. His focus has been on being off leash west of the creek. I’m sure he can bring up this issue with them as well. 

That was the highlight of the evening. But that guy bitched all the way down to the sign. He was gonna take a picture of it and then wait for us to return. Too bad that plan did not work out for him.

• 2 weeks later...