IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

6 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Out there right now. Bad news. Outer log loop has mud. Even in places that should be dry. 

Based on the fact that people worked hard after the rain I vote to not muck up their work. 

Oh, and the log loops on a 35cm tire are a bitch. 

The rumor is that you are a day early on your assessment.

Of course people will say meh and decide to ride anyways because "it can't be that bad" and "I just need to ride!!!!!".

Yeah, I assumed that people would say that, here is an example:
F45C3A6D-509F-4E63-84AD-2D99D0BC8344.thumb.jpeg.7c805641860bfcd9905af73ad2f1d2d3.jpeg

The hour of trail work spent fixing this douchbaggery could have been spent building a berm or removing poison ivy or even building in rollers and features into trails. Not to mention that the folks doing the trail work could have been riding instead of cleaning up after some ass hat. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hiked much of Walnut Creek today installing sign posts. Most of it was ready to ride. But some sections were not. Windy, BMX and Church Climb were a mess. I doubt those will be ready to ride before the next (predicted) rain.

Get your ride in while you can. Just be ready to bail on a trail that is still wet. If you are leaving tracks. Or if you tires are caked with mud - the trail is too wet. Turn around and ride somewhere else.

I would be in for that.  Not expecting any wetness in the next 48 hours and the sun is out now. Windy and BMX should be off limits, the rest of the trail is probably in OK enough shape. Should things go south on the trails we could still hit the concrete trail out to Mopac just to spin the wheels and get some mileage.

• Like 1

Rode the south side yesterday evening.  The fence line in Tangle of Trails is a bit soft, but not rutting and not sticking.  Everything else is good in Tangle.  The lower trails (i.e. closest to the creek) on the south side rom the main crossing are super wet, muddy, with puddles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Rode the south side yesterday evening.  The fence line in Tangle of Trails is a bit soft, but not rutting and not sticking.  Everything else is good in Tangle.  The lower trails (i.e. closest to the creek) on the south side rom the main crossing are super wet, muddy, with puddles.

Church Hill (Hill of despair) is likely still a muddy mess as the water is seeping out of the ground and making most of the hill a soup.