IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

Last night, I saw some people start a little before 5:30 (I was still on my conf call).  Some people got there and were waiting for others at 5:30.  I started my solo ride at 5:30.  Didn't quite do 2 laps.  Came in at 7:30 or so and everyone but two people were gone.  I was told everyone went to Opal Divine's.  The temps seemed pretty nice.  When I started, it showed about 92°F on the weather app.  This was my first one in months but usually there are at least a dozen people hanging out after if not more.   In the winter, there's a core group of dedicated R&I'ers.  I've had a 4:30-5:30pm meeting on Tuesday's for as long as I can remember so I hardly ever make it to one, unless I get a chance to get ready beforehand and take the call on the road.

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Cool, thanks for the report.  Do people just assemble into their own groups and head out to the trail?

In my experience, don't show up expecting a coordinated group ride to be wheels down a some specific time or you will be disappointed. I would coordinate with someone here or in Facebook message-land and even then, they might leave half an hour before they said they were going to (DAWN, AUSTIN BIKE, I'M LOOKING AT YOU). 

I'm trying to make it out ~once a month. 

There are typically 3 groups:

the ~4:30 “early” group

the ~5:30 “social pace” group

the ~5:30 “fast” group

Showing up and hanging out to be ready around half past should allow you to find people to ride with. Showing up at :25 after means you will probably ride alone. Post up on this thread and people will tell you when they are riding. 

• Like 1

There will be an Urban R&I this Tuesday because the trails are too wet (I did a bit of WC and places that are always dry were wet, didn't even bother with some of the normally wet places.)

Starting point will be Ramsey Park: https://goo.gl/maps/R6o5vkTK1dw on the south end of the park. There will be a 4:30 group that will do some local riding for an hour, swinging back to the park for a 5:30 pickup. From there we'll swing down the Shoal Creek trail to the lake, do a short loop, then head back up to the park, getting back between 6:30 and 7. From there it is a half block walk to the Draught House where there is plenty of outdoor seating and Tuesday night beer specials. You can also bring your own food, so if you are hungry you can stop at the new Rudy's on Lamar and pick up BBQ to go. There is usually a food truck there as well.

• Like 1