IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

39 minutes ago, Barry said:

What time do you reckon?  I think I'm in for a couple of laps tonight. 

Me too.  My issue is that I've been nursing some significant back problems for a week.  I've not ridden since I saw you at your house last week.  I could be a little flexible, but I was thinking about the regular 4:30 start time.

-CJB

4 minutes ago, Teamsloan said:

Charlie posted a video of the creek at flood stage on Sun reporting that the trail was going to need a good bit of time. I'm really surprised.

@Barry, et al, if we end up at WC and condition don't support riding it....then I'm not opposed to hopping onto the bike path and heading over to "other places". 😉

(it will just be my back that will limit my effort, output and distance...)

-CJB

Edited by CBaron

It would be nice to get a boots-on-ground report.  Because I dropped by there last night at 8pm and couldn't even make it to the .6 intersection due to stretches of standing water along the trail.  I abandoned and did an urban MTB ride after that, but I'd love to hear its better (good?) now.

Thanks, -CJB

I rode it on Wednesday right after the very light rain.  point-6 was the only section that was iffy.  I say iffy because the worst parts were the previously formed ruts. Other than that, there was plenty of firm/dry to tacky ground without going outside the trail.  Those ruts had been perfect to try to flatten out Tuesday night, but were too soft to flatten out by Wednesday at noon.  I went in because I saw two guys come out with clean tires, and I asked them how the trail was.  The worst mud was on the paved path!  By the time I was finishing, the sun was coming out, and it was drying fast.  Some sections in the log loops were damp, but not soft.  It's pretty weird.  Not sure if there's just rock under there.  it was slick but nothing sticking to tires, and no ruts forming.  I don't know if any more rain fell on Wednesday night or this morning.

1 minute ago, Barry said:

On the way over to the OB ride we went through WC. The start trail was a mess and we didn't even try .6. We took pavement over to Log and rode Inner Log. It was 98% dry and 2% standing puddles. So I don't know. 

That start trail looked messy but it was firm.  That's one of the spots that I suspect may have a bunch of stone under it, or very firm ground.  There were puddles, but no mud if that makes sense.