IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

I have heard this rumor as well. In!

…and a huge thank you to all the people who have put in time maintaining WC. The trail improvements have had a noticeable impact in how quickly the trail drains and how quickly the trail is dry enough to ride after a rain. [emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was out last night and indeed everything except Mark's Art is in great shape. A river runs through it. You can ride the armor without your tires getting messy, but those wet g-outs wouldn't be fun. The big g-out on Tangle after Mark's is still wet as well. Bunny hop it. 

BUT there's a line of storms just east of Walnut right now. There's a decent chance it'll miss, but we'll see in the next hour. 

BUT there's a line of storms just east of Walnut right now. There's a decent chance it'll miss, but we'll see in the next hour. 

Looks like the cell is passing well south of Walnut. Nice. Between being on vacation and all the rain, I have not had a chance to ride in two weeks. Glad to see that we are starting to get some consecutive dry days. 28821212864d210cad09379d4ddd00f9.jpg

I can confirm that the recent cell passed WC without issue.  

All that said, my plans were made in anticipation of this cell hitting WC and thus I'm doing the TnT bandit road race up in Twin Falls.  Maybe see you guys next week.  @Teamsloan you wanna do some suffering on the roadie?

Later,
CJB

I can confirm that the recent cell passed WC without issue.  
All that said, my plans were made in anticipation of this cell hitting WC and thus I'm doing the TnT bandit road race up in Twin Falls.  Maybe see you guys next week.  [mention=38]Teamsloan[/mention] you wanna do some suffering on the roadie?
Later,
CJB

Just saw this now. I need some roadie suffering, but not at the expense of the R&I. [emoji41]

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

Just saw this now. I need some roadie suffering, but not at the expense of the R&I. emoji41.png

I've had some non-suffering road rides that kicked ass.  They help keep my belly in check. 🤥

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I feel the same way.  But I did just order myself a new road bike so I can participate at some point. 

Put some 1.9 icons on that and a singlespeed ring - and you are set for suffering on any gravel path.  Road bikes are meant to go fast.  You want to work hard for that fast.  Just rode Suburban on such a rig.  Brings a whole new level of effort.

13 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Put some 1.9 icons on that and a singlespeed ring - and you are set for suffering on any gravel path.  Road bikes are meant to go fast.  You want to work hard for that fast.  Just rode Suburban on such a rig.  Brings a whole new level of effort.

I've already got a Stigmata for gravel duties, and I do SN on it.  It's perfect for it!

13 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Put some 1.9 icons

I don't see 29x1.9 on the Maxxis site, but I do see a 2.0! If that measurement pretty close, I'll likely put them on ChamoisHagar at some point since every 50mm gravel tire I've tried is so damn fragile. 

On 5/6/2021 at 10:53 AM, Teamsloan said:

Just saw this now. I need some roadie suffering, but not at the expense of the R&I. emoji41.png

Yeah, I hear ya.  I love showing up and the R&I and having fun with everyone.  But for me there is NOTHING that pushes my fitness fwd like this past Tuesdays road riding.  And to top it off, I truly TRULY enjoy it.  I'd liken it to the R&I being like hanging out with all of your friends drinking great craft beer all night and getting drunk together.  Heading over to TnT is like going with your best friend over to a house party with people you may not fully know and taking shots of fine Anejo Tequila.

Salud,
CJB

He seems to have forgotten that this is a mtb forum ...

He knows me. He knows my subtle masochistic tendencies. He’s who got me in to doing the EB. I enjoy that hurt. That’s what the road bike is for. Dang, I need go get some climbing done.

1 hour ago, TAF said:

He seems to have forgotten that this is a mtb forum ...

Oh I know there's very little love for this around these parts. 😉  But I do know there might be e a few who share my tastes, or at least, may be curious about the 'other side' of our family tree.  And with that, I'm here to help.  

9 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

He knows me. He knows my subtle masochistic tendencies. He’s who got me in to doing the EB. I enjoy that hurt.

In fairness, the EB is somewhat of a road ride ...