IGNORED

Ride & Imbibe!

TAF

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah I loved it!  I declined 2 meeting invitations for this afternoon (even though I have this time blocked out) so I could make it today.  I’ll try to be as ruthless about declining meetings for this time at possible.  I do have to admit it’s easier accepting those meetings when it’s 100F+.

7 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Yeah I loved it!  I declined 2 meeting invitations for this afternoon (even though I have this time blocked out) so I could make it today.  I’ll try to be as ruthless about declining meetings for this time at possible.  I do have to admit it’s easier accepting those meetings when it’s 100F+.

It was pretty bearable - I spent quite a bit of the summer in the mountains, and have generally only ridden in the morning since I got back, so I was somewhat of a wuss. Glad I took gears!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TAF said:

It was pretty bearable - I spent quite a bit of the summer in the mountains, and have generally only ridden in the morning since I got back, so I was somewhat of a wuss. Glad I took gears!

It was a good ride, Im always happy I can follow someone since I have a vague idea of the routes.   Downside is sucking Moondust for an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, Taco Man said:

Thanks for food and beer

I had a miserable ride - I think I was probably sick with something - but your description of repeatedly getting lost was hilarious! When Steinerranchians hit Walnut ….

12 hours ago, TAF said:

I had a miserable ride - I think I was probably sick with something - but your description of repeatedly getting lost was hilarious! When Steinerranchians hit Walnut ….

"Lost" is a misnomer... Not sure which turn to take about 30 times is more accurate.

• Started with Windy Loop and came back by start to see if I could find someone to follow... nope. 
  • Lets turn on a saved course. What no saved Walnut Course? Lets sync from phone- nope cant do that while GPS is running.  Didnt want to kill the ride, so whatever I'll wing it.
  • Found myself at root drop which I hadnt seen for years, ah yes cross here turn R... wait the ^&^% GPS is isnt running.  Turn on.
  • Must have ridden the section after the dam like 5 times to find the log loops- still rode them in some weird order.
  • F this Im going to get a beer- good news I know how to get back.. so I thought.
  • Somehow I missed the main "road" and ended up coming up behind the pool.  Likely as the dust was making my shock squeak on every slight bump I lost focus.

Oh well the Hot dogs, beers and company made up for it.  Garmin now has the course saved back on it, and I'll hold off visiting until the dust gets knocked down some.

image.thumb.png.acc24220e03123ba970ad3059b3ede37.png