IGNORED

Full Gas on Peddler's Pass - individual dirt time trial. 6/15/19

No kidding. 35-49. Jeez, I'm damn sure my 49 yo self is zero chance of beating my 35yo self

If you only want to race to win some money, you might be right. However, I think it’s really more about pushing yourself to see what you can do. It’s 3 laps cumulative time so I’m not sure my 35 yo self would be patient enough to pace properly and not blow up on lap 3.

I think it’s going to be a wild time riding some fun trail and you get to see some really fast riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, larlev said:

No kidding. 35-49. Jeez, I'm damn sure my 49 yo self is zero chance of beating my 35yo self

I’d love to be able to further split the ages up, but financially and logistically, not possible this time around.  Plus I am 48 now and regularity school the 30 somethings and certainly am faster now than I’ve even been in almost 30 years of riding and racing. Age is but a number.   A 48 year old currently has the KOM on the new peddler loop and easily won the 5 lap KOM challenge last year.  

But as has been mentioned, race and have fun  

i just upped the ante to add cash payout bonuses for age group/category for fastest single laps.

if it sells out, a top step podium of any category  would earn $150 plus if they also have the fastest single lap probably another 20-25.  Heck of a lot more than you can earn at a TMBRA race  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

Seriously thinking about it. Haven't done any kind of racing in 20+ years, but an individual time trial on single track should be fun. Maybe even get my wife to enter. How many 50+male and  female riders out there?

I hate to say it but I'm in the 50+ category.  I probably have no business racing but it's so close to home.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So who all is signed up to race this event?

Sounds like they're getting some more cash added to the pot.

From FB:

t just got real!

TOYOTA of Cedar Park threw their hat in the ring as a sponsor.

We will be splitting up a 500$ cash purse between six overall categories for men and women for fastest SINGLE lap time on the day. That’s an $83 cash payout for making one of your laps a complete do or die and be fastest in your cat and taking potential top step winnings in each overall category to damn near $200.

You can be a first time racer in cat-3 division and win $183 in cash.

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!

Toyota will have a trio of absolutely bad-ass vehicles on display.

Thank you Cash White with Toyota of Cedar Park for your generous sponsorship.

If you are buying a Toyota soon, buy it from the guy that supports MTB racing and trails!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Question, Where will the Start/ Stop be? I heard under Parmer but then I heard it was moved. 

It's going to be next to Lake Creek Park, 3300 Brushy Creek Road. We have some of the Pavillions rented out there and there is ample parking + toilets, so It's going to be a better location for everyone. I'll be building a temporary start/finish line on Friday

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

It's going to be next to Lake Creek Park, 3300 Brushy Creek Road. We have some of the Pavillions rented out there and there is ample parking + toilets, so It's going to be a better location for everyone. I'll be building a temporary start/finish line on Friday

Will they allow us to set up tailgate tents in the open field? Was planning to bring the whole family out for the festivities and am wanting to set up a base camp. 

Thanks for the hard work and dedication to making this event happen!

1 hour ago, 4fun said:

Will they allow us to set up tailgate tents in the open field? Was planning to bring the whole family out for the festivities and am wanting to set up a base camp. 

Thanks for the hard work and dedication to making this event happen!

No parking in the open field.