IGNORED

Another Reason Flats are better than Clips

1 hour ago, spicewookie said:

I'll take "Least Attractive News Anchorette" for $5000, Alex!

Followed by:

I'll take "Most Pouty Lips on a Street Reporter" for $500.

Other things I learned: snake bite = bee sting, unclipping is for wusses, 75 years old and still hammering.

Jim Watkins  is a crusty, tough summamabitch and I feel a little bad for the snake that bit him because he's probably dead now.

• Like 2

You know you have to take every opportunity to ride when it isn't raining. (not that this was an issue for the Arizona rider, but, reason, yo.)
This is a dude who lives by YOLO and knows every day he wakes on the sunny side of the dirt is a blessing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Forget that this dude is a 75 yo bad ass for a minute and consider this.  He admitted to falling over because he couldn't un-clip.  That's cool right there.  I looped out doing a wheelie in the WC parking lot one time and I had to pretend I was looking for something on the asphalt while I caught my breath.  

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he didn't need any motor assist to pedal around for 30 minutes after being bitten.  I predict that e-bikes will come with a 'snake bite' mode where you don't have to pedal so you can return to the trail head without getting your heart rate up.

• Like 1

"Jim Watkins, 75, was riding in the mid-afternoon when he tried to unclip on an uphill section of the Apache Wash trail. He was unable to and fell directly in a rattlesnake's den"

dude is damn near too old to be riding a mountain bike, and was probably running Shimano SPDs which is why he got stuck in his clips.. that or his 75 year old legs weren't strong enough to unclip, or propel him up the climb. haha jk. respect to the old dude for shredding

Edited by Seths Pool

I love being the old dude. Every once in a while I run across a bunch of 20-somethings on the GB that are walking up things and I plow past them on my singlespeed. I'm old enough to be their dad's older friend. Pretty sure when I stop riding I die soon, so gotta keep turning those cranks.

• Like 8