IGNORED

Pace Bend Race Route

Pace Bend Race Route  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you LOCAL racers want to see for the race route at PB this year?

• Clockwise, Well Road, Wookie Way, Well Worth It, Red Oak, IMBA Quarry, Pack Trail, Straddle Your Saddle to the finish (traditional route)
    • Same as above, but diverting off the Pack Trail to Chicken Foot up and down, then back to SYS and finish
    • Counter-clockwise of "traditional" route (this does create logistical problems)
    • I'll suggest something else in the comments below

We care a little bit about non-locals, but ARR does present the race for y'all.  I will make no promises on what the race route will be, but would appreciate input.  The primary considerations from our (promoter/organizer) perspective are: rider safety (evac and comm are really bad on Croton/SCroton), comm (tower repeater at the Well), evac (fire breaks built by the county have helped), rider fun, road closures, and spectator friendly.  

I rode the standard route CL and then CCL and I almost think it rolls better CCL.  IMHO.

But, I would LOVE to see something like - divide the race route at the current end to EITHER - the powerline technical trail (shorter, but the racers HAVE to hit every trail feature), or main trail - (longer, but no real technical).  That would be pretty damn cool.  And offer some interesting racing decisions.  Would be interesting to time those two options to see which one is faster.

• Like 2

T

7 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

I rode the standard route CL and then CCL and I almost think it rolls better CCL.  IMHO.

But, I would LOVE to see something like - divide the race route at the current end to EITHER - the powerline technical trail (shorter, but the racers HAVE to hit every trail feature), or main trail - (longer, but no real technical).  That would be pretty damn cool.  And offer some interesting racing decisions.  Would be interesting to time those two options to see which one is faster.

That might be fun on Saturday for a time trial bonus or something, but it would be an officiating nightmare on race day.  I love it.

I don’t know what option 2 is. Is there something circulating around?

I wear Lycra almost exclusively, even under my suit at work.

How about the same route as last year for the start. Then NXNW (paleface pass) and come back South on PACk Trail, up and over Chicken Foot. Left on Poncho, right on lefty, right on power line and home free.

Names from this map: Www.clintonctfire.com/pace-bend-park-map.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk