IGNORED

Cheap Chamois

RedRider3141

Suggestion, don’t cheap out on cheap chamois. Honestly it’s better to just wear none at all.

cheap chamois are often too thick and end up chafing worse than without any pad at all. Plus the materials often break down and don’t hold up especially for mtb use.

That said, Zoic makes a great liner along with Club Ride. 

• Like 1

LG are my favorite bibs, but honestly the fit can make a huge difference depending on your body type (leg size, gut size, femur length, hip/butt size, etc.).  My favorite shorts were some super cheap and very thin chamois from bike nashbar.  The thicker pads are hit or miss and some may actually cause more problems than prevent them (numbness down there, etc.)

56 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

The Black Bibs.

I need to try them. I bought I think primal bibs (I like their jersey fit, so I thought it would apply to bibs and I was so wrong, I hate their bibs for multiple reasons).  I'm really liking the Boure bibs (somehow tied to Ned Overend). They are more old-school with a thin chamois and they will customize your bibs...I just ordered I think the wrong base-size.

I've been using these and I can say that these are the best chamois shorts I've ever had. The chamois is not too thick and the junk pocket in the front is awesome. These are super comfortable and don't crush your junk like traditional chamois shorts. The price is a tad high but the comfort level makes up for it. Unfortunately they don't come in bibs but they have plenty of grippers to keep them in the right place.

https://www.bn3th.com/collections/chamois/products/north-shore-bike-chamois-black?variant=31939076817014

They are not cheap, and I still wince at the cost of them, but Giordana FR-C Pro MTB liner bibs are maybe the most comfortable things I’ve ever worn regardless of how long or hot the ride is. They use the same chamois as their top of the line bibs (Highly recommend the FR-C Pro bibs for the road) and are specifically designed for use without any chamois cream. Permanently infused with aloe, and they disappear on the bike.

Of all the over priced things in cycling, spending money on a good chamois is so worth it.