IGNORED

Three Questions

Answers - 

1. Most of them. Hill of Life, Elephant Butt (crashed hard several times), Triple Bitch

2. Two come to mind. 1)There is down/up near the beginning of Thumper that used to have a small tree in the middle. Hang pedal on that tree and get spit off sideways. While I was in the air. 2) There is about a 4 foot rock slab above the south side of BCGB near HOL. Since I almost bounced off the edge (about 100 foot drop), I quit riding that one.

3. Most of the rest of them. Really, I like to ride anywhere / anything that is a challenge but does not make me feel like my life is in danger. Bangs and bruises are part of riding. Getting killed is not.

1.  Does it count if I think I'm going to ride it or don't think I'm not going not ever ride it?  Sponge Bob.  Elephant butt always intimidates me.  I'll ride it if it's bone dry.  If I see a little bit of green, I balk and walk it.

2. Triple Bitch because I once broke teeth off an XX ring, and the bottom King Ti cage on my bike $$$  Not worth it for me.

3. Those tiny decaying table tops (with a log here and there on top of them) on that fast run at BMX on Walnut.  I don't know why but I love them.

1. Elephants Butt, multiple spots on “scenic”, and the short climb up from the creekside before dropping down in the the creek bed at WC; mostly because there’s usually a group of guys trying to climb it behind me and sometimes I get hung up and ruin it for everyone!

2. A couple of spots on “scenic”, all of Thumper.

3. Multiple spots along sweet 16 that would hang me up regularly that I can now ride well. My progression or sense of current technical chops is most apparent to me on that trail. Too hard to be more specific of the locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, WhoAmI said:
  1. What local Austin trail feature intimidates you but you still attempt it/ride it?
  2. What local Austin trail feature do you no longer ride and why?
  3. What's your favorite local Austin trail feature?

Double Down, though only ridden once. Want to be able to ride up the steps as well as I can ride down them.

City Park. Was just too torn up last time I was there. 1/4 Notch-deception reminds me of what it used to be like.

Riding through the tree and across the skinny at 1/4 Notch. Only messed it up once, but still happy when I make it across.

18 hours ago, WhoAmI said:
  1. What local Austin trail feature intimidates you but you still attempt it/ride it?

1. Do or do not do, there is no try. If it intimidates me, I usually skip it anyway. Wet elephants butt, etc

2. Root drop. Granted I've only ridden WC a few times in the last 8 years, but root drop just looks worse to me now, so I skip it.

3. ledgy goat trail (slow and technical) and long sweeping follows the contour stuff

2 hours ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

1. Do or do not do, there is no try. If it intimidates me, I usually skip it anyway. Wet elephants butt, etc

2. Root drop. Granted I've only ridden WC a few times in the last 8 years, but root drop just looks worse to me now, so I skip it.

3. ledgy goat trail (slow and technical) and long sweeping follows the contour stuff

I love goat trail, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Speaking of GOAT TRAIL, does anyone remember riding the super-sketch goat trails at the rifle range on Hamilton Pool.  Probably late 80's - early 90's.  That was NOT purpose built MTB trail.  The old man that lived in the bunker there would take our $5, wait for us to ride behind the berm, then open up with a 1911.  I remember one trail that hugged a downhill fenceline and then 90* turned at the bottom.  You'd either catch the fence on the side or on the bottom.  Those were fun trails, but I always had the feeling that if we died out there, no one would know about it for months.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, WhoAmI said:

Technically, 2. is actually two questions. What? and Why? So, four question in total.

6 hours ago, spicewookie said:

Speaking of GOAT TRAIL, does anyone remember riding the super-sketch goat trails at the rifle range on Hamilton Pool.  Probably late 80's - early 90's.  That was NOT purpose built MTB trail.  The old man that lived in the bunker there would take our $5, wait for us to ride behind the berm, then open up with a 1911.  I remember one trail that hugged a downhill fenceline and then 90* turned at the bottom.  You'd either catch the fence on the side or on the bottom.  Those were fun trails, but I always had the feeling that if we died out there, no one would know about it for months.

That place was cool, but the owner was a crazy conspiracy theorist. Took a shot over my buddy's head when he inquired about riding.

I hate doing the left side basket huck on picnic. I do it every couple of months to test myself. Always scared. 

I haven’t been to cat because I like taking risks and that place seems full of them if that makes any sense

I love the super d loop at rpr 

Edited by Morris
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, spicewookie said:

I remember riding out there. Kathy and I used to ride out there. Once I found out how crazy that guy was, we quit going. Didn't think he'd take to kindly to a couple of 'those kind of girls' riding on his property.