IGNORED

Mount Lakeway Trail System Trail Conditions

bestbike85

Great condition out there today. While it’s hard to get more than 7-8 miles without covering your tracks twice, it’s fun. There’s a couple jump lines on powering hill, some are big hits on the second hill. Lots of techy switchbacks all the way up to the top. Solid spot for a 1-2 hour ride. 

• Albert changed the title to Mount Lakeway Trail System Trail Conditions
  • 1 year later...
Great condition out there today. While it’s hard to get more than 7-8 miles without covering your tracks twice, it’s fun. There’s a couple jump lines on powering hill, some are big hits on the second hill. Lots of techy switchbacks all the way up to the top. Solid spot for a 1-2 hour ride. 

Rode this today for the first time... it was a horrible yet fun ride ...I can tell a mtb coach made this Trail, Ken whose plaque is there RIP, because you have to have lungs to make it to the top and technique on the way down ..the switchbacks at speed are tricky, and it's the first place I tried locking out my shock during long climbs... man that is nice I was slipping out way less

And I liked beating the hell out of the bell at the top...

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'll answer my own question. Lakeway (behind the swim center) was in great shape yesterday. Only 1 or 2 places were wet, and those spots seems to stay wet most of the time. Otherwise, it was hero dirt! Given the amount of rain we got on Monday, I was skeptical, but it turns out Lakeway recovers pretty quickly.