IGNORED

Peddlers Pass Lap Times

10 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

What are your thoughts on hardtail vs FS?  I've ridden 3.0 on my SS and I felt faster.  That's with Ground Control 2.3 front and rear, on 23mm rims (not optimal for sure).

I feel and my Strava times show that I'm faster on my HT. The only section I KNOW that I was faster was the old direction creek crossing. I could bomb through that in my FS before but never my HT. Now that it's reversed I bet the difference through the creek is minimal. 

Edited by RedRider3141
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Not to burst your bubble, since we're on the same one. But that's only the Austin VooDoo List. Here's the full 4.0 leader-board. I move from a respectable yet tenuous #10/12 (I already got bumped) to #66/84

image.thumb.png.7b09e074224218143fef193122f4ff7d.png

Well Crap!  It was full while it lasted.....for 1 post.  I'll just have to do what Ronan says and improve technique and fitness.  

• Haha 1

Rode the new direction complete for first time yesterday. Lap time of 20.05. Had a couple of slow downs one for another rider and one to stop and ask if a kid was alright he crashed his junk hard on the stem, he was riding with his dad and brother. I know I can improve my time considering this was my first time in the new direction and wasn't familiar with all the new trail. The trail will get faster as all the new additions get worn in. A lot of the new stuff has ruts that will get filled and packed as more people ride the trail. Are there plans for more berms on the new sections? There definitely are some turns that would benefit from them. Time was on my FS 29 120/140 65.5 HA. Hans Dampf up front at 23psi Nobby Nic out back at 28psi. The new sections that are all loose limestone ate my rear tire, tore about 80% of lugs off the casing. Need to consider something a little more durable.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I had my first try yesterday and I definitely felt my front washing out.  I'm 211 on Ikon 2.35 front 25psi and rear 28psi.   I thought higher pressure for the west side was needed, but lower pressure for the east side is also needed.  So how to split it?  I went today again without adding or removing any pressure...which means maybe 0.5psi lower overall.  I went faster and it felt more hooked up, but for sure some big side knobs on the front and small in the center and a fast rear XC seems like it would help.  I'm still getting used to the backwards sections but I'm in at 13th (at least as of 2:30pm 3/21) with a 16:38.  I feel like I need a full face helmet, because my face was so close to trees that if the front washed out, I'd have left some teeth on a tree trunk or two.  

What are your thoughts on hardtail vs FS?  I've ridden 3.0 on my SS and I felt faster.  That's with Ground Control 2.3 front and rear, on 23mm rims (not optimal for sure).

Where were those trees?

15 minutes ago, Chief said:

Rode the new direction complete for first time yesterday. Lap time of 20.05. Had a couple of slow downs one for another rider and one to stop and ask if a kid was alright he crashed his junk hard on the stem, he was riding with his dad and brother. I know I can improve my time considering this was my first time in the new direction and wasn't familiar with all the new trail. The trail will get faster as all the new additions get worn in. A lot of the new stuff has ruts that will get filled and packed as more people ride the trail. Are there plans for more berms on the new sections? There definitely are some turns that would benefit from them. Time was on my FS 29 120/140 65.5 HA. Hans Dampf up front at 23psi Nobby Nic out back at 28psi. The new sections that are all loose limestone ate my rear tire, tore about 80% of lugs off the casing. Need to consider something a little more durable.

The whole trail is going to have a makeover in the very near future before the race. The City has Approved KOM (a local trail building company that has done some of the trail work in Bentonville) to work their magic on Peddlers Pass. We are just waiting for the service agreement to get through the Cities legal department, then they can start work. There are several spots on the Westside that will be completely different when they get done. The trail will be A LOT faster. It's going to be the 1st machine built flow trail specifically for mountain bikes on Public land in Texas. I can't think of any machine built Loops for mountain bikes on private land either, but there be one out somewhere. Reville and Spider have machine built runs from the top to the bottom of a hill but no flow trail loops, does anyone know of any?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

The whole trail is going to have a makeover in the very near future before the race. The City has Approved KOM (a local trail building company that has done some of the trail work in Bentonville) to work their magic on Peddlers Pass. We are just waiting for the service agreement to get through the Cities legal department, then they can start work. There are several spots on the Westside that will be completely different when they get done. The trail will be A LOT faster. It's going to be the 1st machine built flow trail specifically for mountain bikes on Public land in Texas. I can't think of any machine built Loops for mountain bikes on private land either, but there be one out somewhere. Reville and Spider have machine built runs from the top to the bottom of a hill but no flow trail loops, does anyone know of any?

Very cool! Registered!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Where were those trees?

I think he's talking about trees on the sides of the trail. You get close to a few of them, but if you visualize the line you want to take and control your speed they're no worse than some of the trees you encounter on 1/4-DD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief said:

I think he's talking about trees on the sides of the trail. You get close to a few of them, but if you visualize the line you want to take and control your speed they're no worse than some of the trees you encounter on 1/4-DD.

Are they on the new stuff? Slow corner or fast? Some trees have to remain on the inside of turns, otherwise, people will cut the corner and create alternate lines. If you pinpoint them on a map I can take a look and see if they can be removed.

1 minute ago, HoneyBadger said:

Are they on the new stuff? Slow corner or fast? Some trees have to remain on the inside of turns, otherwise, people will cut the corner and create alternate lines. If you pinpoint them on a map I can take a look and see if they can be removed.

They are on the inside of the turns on the newer section where it gets close to the park entrance. I understood right away that they mark the turns, and like you say if they were removed there would be no clear indication of where the turns are and people would be cutting the turns. As you ride the trail more you'll get used to the trees being there. Like I said in previous post it was my first time riding it in the new direction and I did get close to the trees but no worse than anything else we ride around here. There is plenty of width on those sections of trail to avoid getting too close to the trees you just need to pick your entrance/exit correctly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomreece said:

Second attempt I got 19:28 this time.

I’m using a stop watch because I thought the Strava segment leaderboards didn’t include the new stuff. Am I wrong about that?

As long as someone makes a new segment (which they did) it will work automatically. It's called Peddlers Pass 4.0.

OK I'll play. First time riding the complete new reroute tonight. Overweight, 60-yr old male with mild gynecomastia and various gastro and urological issues on Intense Primer Factory Build running Magic Mary 2.35 upfront and Nobby Nic 2.35 in the back with flat pedals and canvas shoes. Ran two consecutive laps. First lap  running 23psi front and back with low seat position finished in 18:19 (had to stop once to allow parents to finish photographing teen lounging on one of the bridges). Second lap let some air out of both tires probably down to around 20psi and raised the seat some finishing in 17:09. While the lower seat position provides better center of gravity, I found that I was flinging my front-end through the berms whereas the higher seat position helped me to drive my shoulders into the berms with better weighting on the front-wheel. Probably the biggest difference was just familiarity on the second lap and not being afraid to let my rear wheel drift through the turns.  

• Like 3

Only did 1 lap yesterday afternoon after a workout in the morning so my legs were sore, but I was happy with 18:50.  

On a Strava note, in case anyone else has this issue, the segment was not showing up for me on the app, but others could see that I had completed the segment.  I had to go on my laptop to the Strava site and look at my ride.  I scrolled past the segments and clicked "show hidden segments".  Peddler's Pass 4.0 was in there and now that I clicked "unhide" the segment now shows up on the app.  Hope that helps others that are trying to see their times but it isn't showing up.

Scott

• Like 2

My turn.

So I got a rare last minute hour of free time today so I choose to give the Peddlers 4.0 a go. So I threw on my gear and grabbed a red bull (I would later regret this part).

Once at the park i decided i would unload some psi... ended up at 12 front and 15 rear. In retrospect I should have taken off other things like my full water bottle and tools. My bike is no XC machine. It's an enduro sled 29er with Double Down tire casings that currently weighs in at 36lbs with water bottle. I have a 2.5 Teravil Kenebrec upfront and a 2.3 Aggressor in back.

It was a great day and the park was packed so I wasnt to sure what I would encounter. I pedaled a quick warm up around the lake loop and headed into PP.

The conditions were rather dry today but overall not to shabby. Once I was a few hard turns in I realized that 15psi in the rear for me was not right. It was a bit squirrely in the sharper corners. I also made the choice heading in that I wasnt going to use my dropper as it takes away from efficiency IMO so that also turned out to be a factor I wasnt to used to. But I was overall feeling decent ...though I will say my legs were not ready to hammer yet. Fast forward to the west side and I have now dabbed several times in corners after some near wash outs and am now regretting that red bull as it tried coming up. Fast fwd again and I'm almost back to the east side and I pass by Ronan who is always mean muggin. I just blurted out .. IM HURTING! And I kinda was. That bike felt like a tank. Anyways up to this point I encountered no one on the trail. That is until 100 yds from the finish I came up on a father daughter ride and slowed to make a safe pass. All said and done I ended up with a respectable time of 15:30. I made some bad body posture errors once I got tired which was compounded by my to low for me pressure in the rear. I hope I can make another attempt and improve. That was quite the challenge that I didnt expect it to be. Thanks alot dad bod!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

11 hours ago, First-Blood said:

My turn.

So I got a rare last minute hour of free time today so I choose to give the Peddlers 4.0 a go. So I threw on my gear and grabbed a red bull (I would later regret this part).

Once at the park i decided i would unload some psi... ended up at 12 front and 15 rear. In retrospect I should have taken off other things like my full water bottle and tools. My bike is no XC machine. It's an enduro sled 29er with Double Down tire casings that currently weighs in at 36lbs with water bottle. I have a 2.5 Teravil Kenebrec upfront and a 2.3 Aggressor in back.

It was a great day and the park was packed so I wasnt to sure what I would encounter. I pedaled a quick warm up around the lake loop and headed into PP.

The conditions were rather dry today but overall not to shabby. Once I was a few hard turns in I realized that 15psi in the rear for me was not right. It was a bit squirrely in the sharper corners. I also made the choice heading in that I wasnt going to use my dropper as it takes away from efficiency IMO so that also turned out to be a factor I wasnt to used to. But I was overall feeling decent ...though I will say my legs were not ready to hammer yet. Fast forward to the west side and I have now dabbed several times in corners after some near wash outs and am now regretting that red bull as it tried coming up. Fast fwd again and I'm almost back to the east side and I pass by Ronan who is always mean muggin. I just blurted out .. IM HURTING! And I kinda was. That bike felt like a tank. Anyways up to this point I encountered no one on the trail. That is until 100 yds from the finish I came up on a father daughter ride and slowed to make a safe pass. All said and done I ended up with a respectable time of 15:30. I made some bad body posture errors once I got tired which was compounded by my to low for me pressure in the rear. I hope I can make another attempt and improve. That was quite the challenge that I didnt expect it to be. Thanks alot dad bod!

This "ass munch" knocked me out of the top 10. I'm going to use every cheater line I know to return the favor 😉:  .

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This "ass munch" knocked me out of the top 10. I'm going to use every cheater line I know to return the favor [emoji6]:  .
At this point there is nothing you alone can do. At best you can contribute to knocking me down a peg. Eventually I'll get knocked out of top 10 I imagine. Especially when race happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1