IGNORED

Peddlers Pass Lap Times

As long as someone makes a new segment (which they did) it will work automatically. It's called Peddlers Pass 4.0.

No it won’t.

Strava is not the end all, chip timing and stop watch or “lap” feature in your Garmin are a better feature for practicing.

Trails like peddlers pass are a mixed bag when it comes to Strava times because the squiggly entry is too close and pings some peoples start times several turns in.

Other trails that do this are point 6 at walnut and Blacktrack at Rocky hill ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

No it won’t.

Strava is not the end all, chip timing and stop watch or “lap” feature in your Garmin are a better feature for practicing.

Trails like peddlers pass are a mixed bag when it comes to Strava times because the squiggly entry is too close and pings some peoples start times several turns in.

Other trails that do this are point 6 at walnut and Blacktrack at Rocky hill ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The new route doesnt hook back right after entry so this should be a non issue now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

The new route doesnt hook back right after entry so this should be a non issue now

Yeah, it's an issue. If you study the current 4.0 leader board closely, you can see the start and stop locations are sometimes suspect. For example, I'm pretty sure my time should have been reported in the 15:15-15:20 range instead of 15:06. Comparing my time to Todd's, he jumps out of the gate with a huge 20 second lead. Then at the end I jump  back at his time with a 35 second jump! Both of these are likely glitch start/stop locations on my data or his data or both. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's an issue. If you study the current 4.0 leader board closely, you can see the start and stop locations are sometimes suspect. For example, I'm pretty sure my time should have been reported in the 15:15-15:20 range instead of 15:06. Comparing my time to Todd's, he jumps out of the gate with a huge 20 second lead. Then at the end I jump  back at his time with a 35 second jump! Both of these are likely glitch start/stop locations on my data or his data or both. 
Welp .

f me

I guess the only way to know is to register for the Full Gas on Peddlers Pass

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I agree the strava times on a trail are highly questionable. It's pretty device dependant too. I use a FitBit that uses my phone GPS to track. If they don't have a good connection or my phone is buried too deep in my pack to get a strong GPS lock. I've even notice if I use another app on my phone that uses GPS it really messes up the FitBit/ strava route unless I force close the other app. I'll bring a stop watch next time and check. 

• Like 1

I pulled my times off my Garmin lap feature. The 520 will automatically reset your lap when you stop and hit the lap button then start riding again starting a new lap segment. I personally don't like Strava. I would think a GPS device would much more accurate. My old Garmin 200 would stop on certain switchback segments because they were so close that the Garmin thought I had stopped moving.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, HoneyBadger said:

They can do a nerve test and tell you if it's carpal. 

I've actually had a nerve test years ago and they found nothing.  I've read nerve conduction tests are not necessarily that accurate so maybe that explains that.  What local place do you guys recommend for getting checked out?

6 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I've actually had a nerve test years ago and they found nothing.  I've read nerve conduction tests are not necessarily that accurate so maybe that explains that.  What local place do you guys recommend for getting checked out?

After the shit I went through, the Nerve Conduction study is just and excuse to torture you for a fee. Enough said about that.

I try to rarely make recommendations, but so far my experience with Dr. Harris Rose has been highly successful. He did some major wrist surgery on me back in 2011 and it was a total success. So far with my Carpal/Cubital tunnel issues, it's been the same. Although, so far with my Carpal/Cubital I haven't even seen the surgeon. It's only the PA and the PT.  I know that June Bug fairly recently used him, and there was at least one other person on Mojo that used him. He can be kind of and ass (was to me) but his work is impeccable (again, for me). Another plus IMO, is that he has a PT right in his office. 

So far, for the injections for the Carpal in both hands with insurance it was $180. For the Cubital I've had 2 PT sessions at $35 per session.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, RedRider3141 said:

I agree the strava times on a trail are highly questionable. It's pretty device dependant too. I use a FitBit that uses my phone GPS to track. If they don't have a good connection or my phone is buried too deep in my pack to get a strong GPS lock. I've even notice if I use another app on my phone that uses GPS it really messes up the FitBit/ strava route unless I force close the other app. I'll bring a stop watch next time and check. 

I did 2 laps tonight and neither one registered the full PP 4.0. Every other time I've rode it, it registered, but not tonight. Not sure why but I did notice that I left my Bluetooth on, which is normally off when I'm riding. Not sure if that could have somehow interfered. Several of the segments recorded, but not the full laps Anyway, I took the first lap pretty easy and then was in full focus on the second lap and surely heading towards a sub 17m time when I washed out hard on one of the unbermed corners in the section where the wooden bridges are. Recovered quickly but my left knee was aching enough to keep me from pushing hard to the finish.   

So I said screw it since I was already strava-ing my ride to see total mileage of my usual ride (right at 27mi) and I did peddlers to see.

I stayed pretty conservative just trying to flow and spin semi-tall gears in the few straights out there. I tried to brake as little as possible and control speed with gearing and pedals. I still had to ride everything else and only stopped to take a pic of the sunset. I’m a sucker for sunsets. 

Strava said 17:15....I feel like it’s probably accurate enough relative to say First Blood’s time. I definitely could have pushed harder but it turned out just right for finishing my ride without blowing up. 

Are there t-shirts for race participants? And FirstBlood, we gotta get out somewhere like walnut on that tandem, son!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

Nice one. Your times are coming down. I think i saw you out there last night. I was building on Peddlers (wearing a blue shirt).

Yup I saw ya. Thanks so much for your hard work. The trail is incredible.

I also saw ya during the peddlers Wednesday ride two weeks ago. I love that ride. I’ll be there tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBaron said:

More info please.  I think I may be heading out to BC to ride after work.

Thanks, -CJB

They leave from the shop at 6:00 pm.

There is a facebook group that gets updated from time to time. 

Search "Shop Rides - Peddler Bike Shop" on fb.

In NO WAY am I poo pooing the race or racing in general, but when I did the 17:15 and was kinda half trying...all I could think is “why would I wanna hammer around this loop only to lose?” 

I am clearly not made for racing; however, I am looking forward to seeing what the fastest time overall is so I can be dumbfounded as to how anyone can ride it that quickly. 

Also looking very forward to the KOM rework. 

• Like 5