IGNORED

Peddlers Pass Lap Times

On 6/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, HoneyBadger said:

Has anyone noticed their times decreasing following the machine building?

Yeah shaved a little over a minute off my best....currently sitting at 15:24 PR and I'm not even hitting it optimally.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, HoneyBadger said:

I'm not racing because I'll be helping DesertNomad (i've never done a race so can I enter CAT 3 😉 ). I think I could drop 30 seconds or more off my time with a proper warm-up and the correct hydration + fueling. Not going out too fast is also a good strategy. After a good warmup, I start out just below my race pace then increase the speed the further I go. That seems to work for me cause I'm better able to gauge how much effort I can apply to maintain speed around the whole course instead of bonking half way round.

I signed up for cat 2 although this most definitely isnt my type of race and and kinda big and heavy and slow. 

I think I have some fast rolling tires I gonna put on the primer for this event.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seths Pool said:

I signed up for cat 2 although this most definitely isnt my type of race and and kinda big and heavy and slow. 

I think I have some fast rolling tires I gonna put on the primer for this event.

I’ll be interested to see how you stack up against the XC guys! Wouldn’t be surprised if you do well!

I’ll be interested to see if Seth can break any bike parts in an XC race.

Actually, you have the bike handling so the question is how deep into the pain cave are you willing to go when it comes to pedaling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

Actually, you have the bike handling so the question is how deep into the pain cave are you willing to go when it comes to pedaling.

Pretty deep, I reckon.  Remember the crazy ex?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll be on NoBby Nics.

Dirt conditions were super primo this morning. Temps warmed up quick though. I got my 2nd best time this morning (21:52). I'm happy considering I nearly endo'd 2x in quick succession in the creek bed, my lack of riding for me in the last 2 months plus I took a quick breather to let someone pass me. According to Strava he's in the top 3 on the segment so I don't feel so bad.

I am still getting used to the new trail. A few of the new sections are really great; good timing, good flow, well thought out. A few are really rough but I'm sure will bed in over time. 

• Like 2

I never reported back regarding whether my more XC geometry SS was faster than my XC FS bike.  I rode it again not able to complete a lap due to construction at the time, but I did notice what I think was the difference maker:  tires.  My SS has a softer compound with similar size side lugs compared to my FS bike.  So I may put a new front tire on my FS for Saturday if I find the time.

• Like 1

I had 3 terrible laps but still had a blast.  It was my first time trial of any kind.

first lap I got there thinking I had plenty of time but the schedule got pushed up (people were getting all three laps as early as they could so everyone was done early).  I had just put a new front tire and hadn’t even checked pressures.  Turns out 6psi too high in front and 6psi too low in the back (thought I was going to burp the rear).  Went out too hard yadda yadda yadda still my best lap at 17:00 (not my best PP lap by far).

2nd lap had right pressures paced better but still went too hard and thought I was going to die from the heat on the west side.  Slowed down a bunch once I got back on the east side.  17:40

3rd lap I was well rested, I paced well and felt fast.  On one of those rocky berms on the west side I low-sided, face plant, fingers wrists and right elbow hurt, ate some dirt but didn’t chip teeth.  Took a couple of minutes at least to gather myself and straighten my seat.  Got passed.  Took it easy for a bit but then got going faster again.  Felt cooler (lots more wind on the 3rd lap).  Ended up 19:40.  Faster than I thought all things considered which tells me that was probably my fastest lap.

Being mostly endurance-focused I had a lot of learning to do, and I loved it.

I can’t wait to do it again!

Thanks Ronan, Todd and all involved in putting this race on!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

I got smoked like a joint today! Haha

it was fun and a super cool event but that ultra twisty XC terrain killed me. Lol. 

Someone else was smoking a joint on the westside while the Cat 3 racers were going this morning. 

Course Marshall seemed super chill.  There might be a connection there. I'm not sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got smoked like a joint today! Haha

it was fun and a super cool event but that ultra twisty XC terrain killed me. Lol. 

Gotta come ride it when the trail actually hooks up. Had a great time at the race even though I put down my worst times ever. I tried riding it how i know it can be ridden and that was killing me. The tandem race was fun as hell though!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2