IGNORED

Peddlers Pass Lap Times

1 hour ago, FJsnoozer said:

Come try the single lap of Dragon Slayer all out. I’ll buy you lunch if you can ride it sub 2:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, thats a pretty good call out!  2:45 is not impossible, but dammit you'd have to be trained-up and motivated to pull that off @Seths Pool  I'd add in to the mix a 6-pack of your favorite beer.

-CJB

10 hours ago, FJsnoozer said:

Come try the single lap of Dragon Slayer all out. I’ll buy you lunch if you can ride it sub 2:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually really like lake Georgetown, but flat with chunky rocks and gnarly are not the same thing. haha 

but I would like to go do a lap out there sometime with you!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

haha, I knew I was gonna get my schooled. I was participating mainly to support the event being put on by my buddies. I definitely respect the fitness aspect of XC racing but ya'll can have that shit! 

I registered cat 2, 35 and under, and pretty sure I was almost last in my category. my times showed me belonging in middle-lower pack cat 3 LOL

I had never ridden peddlers pass before, my first lap of 2 was blind, and we started racing at 1pm and it was hot as hell.. I can think of more excuses too. haha

maybe take those same guys over to cat Mtn to do some stage racing over there and the results may have been a little different 🤷‍♂️ I prefer racing that has lots of gnar and a little gravity to help get my big ass moving! 

Thanks for coming out and racing, I know it's not your thing. I really appreciate you supporting the event. I'll be at your Bandera race, what's the date again?

Peddlers is an XC trail with some Enduro elements. Cornering is key, if you can rail berms and do flat corners well, you'll go fast. The problem is having to accelerate out of the 161 corners and get the bike back up to speed before the next berm/corner, that's the killer. There's only a couple of spots you can "rest" on the trail when it points downhill, but you're just about always active on the bike. Even though it's only 2.8 miles, it can feel twice that when trying to go fast, I couldn't imagine trying to race it blind. 

Cat mountain is no joke, most of the people at the race (me included) can't make it all the way down Cat Mountain without stopping, wrecking, or simply saying "F!@# that" and walking.

• Like 6