IGNORED

PSA: Poison Ivy is Out

15 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Haven’t seen PI because I have been off the trails. But I did see NA albino squirrel yesterday. 

Used to see one on my bike commute route for years.  It was in the garden home hood when pop out of WC along fence at the end of Swearingen.  It was one of those little beggers that would stop if you stopped to see if you were going to feed him. If you got a gimmick, use it!

• Like 1

On PI, I read an article years back that a layer of sunscreen helps to add some protection from PI.  It's out at the same time of year you need sunscreen so I usually hit my arms/face when riding WC this time of year.  I'm pretty sure I got it on my face once from wiping sweat from my brow w/glove a few years back.

If I'm not sure I got exposed to it I'll spray some of the 3:1 water:simple green I keep in my bike clean kit on my arms/legs and rub in while I clean the bike when I get home.  Dawn/Simple Green, basically anything that breaks up the oil from the plant stops any outbreaks like PI specific products like Technu and I hate the smell of that stuff.