IGNORED

2019 Bikes and MTB Classifications

throet

I was just checking out Bike Radar's Top 5 Enduro / Trail bikes for 2019, and not surprisingly there wasn't a single bike in there that I would consider a traditional mid-travel trail bike. That said, the new Mondraker Foxy Carbon 29 is one of the finest looking bikes I've ever laid my eyes on. When I went to their website to check out the specs, I found that they have their bikes listed as DH, Super Enduro, Enduro/AM, Trail, and XC. Seems that previously Trail and AM were becoming one classification, but now we're essentially seeing 2 separate enduro bike classifications, at least from one manufacturer. Pretty crazy, but perhaps a sign of how popular Enduro and Park riding are becoming. As much as I'd love to add a 150/160 bike to my stable, I just can't see it given the type of riding I do. For me 130mm travel still seems to be the sweet spot. 

Mondraker Foxy 29.PNG

Edited by throet

A 29er with 100-120 seems sweet spot for here but 130mm would be completely fine with an active rear suspension, plus you can get it on if you get to ride out of state on bigger / faster stuff . The only thing that would concern me about the mondraker would be the near 49" wheelbase on the large.  My old process 111 was 48" and was an absolute tank on tight trails like deception.

That blue one is sexy as f@ck though..... 

5af1d98263735_foxy-xr-29-p-jpg_crop_1800_1319.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, ATXZJ said:

The only thing that would concern me about the mondraker would be the near 49" wheelbase on the large.  My old process 111 was 48" and was an absolute tank on tight trails like deception.

That blue one is sexy as f@ck though..... 

I see that now, and the cockpit is massive, both seated and standing. Would be interesting to get a leg over one. Maybe Medium is the new Large. Both of my local bikes are out of commission right now, and I've been salivating over all the new models being introduced. With 2 mid-travel FS 29ers and a traditional XC 29er HT already in the stable, I think anything new for me would come in the form of an aggressive 650B HT, something like the Transition Throttle that would be fun on the trail or as a dirt jumper.       

• Like 1

5 hours ago, throet said:

I see that now, and the cockpit is massive, both seated and standing. Would be interesting to get a leg over one. Maybe Medium is the new Large. Both of my local bikes are out of commission right now, and I've been salivating over all the new models being introduced. With 2 mid-travel FS 29ers and a traditional XC 29er HT already in the stable, I think anything new for me would come in the form of an aggressive 650B HT, something like the Transition Throttle that would be fun on the trail or as a dirt jumper.       

Been there man. I had so much overlap in bikes i ended up buying a cross bike. I'm currently thinning the herd down to two not counting my wife's rig.

You should talk to chief about trying out his B+ hardtail. 

running 29 x 2.6 on my HT

IMG_20180824_173046146.jpg

• Like 1