IGNORED

Jeff Kendall Weed - Austin shreddit

Everyone, check out the edit from Jeff Kendall Weed coming to Austin and ripping the goods with us! Myself with #freeride512, Jeremiah Work with #teamtrailparty, and a bunch of local shredders ride Cat Mtn and RPR for JKW’s new trail advocate/trail building scene film series #thelocalloam

Check out his channel! What a great time that was! Yeeeeeehhhhaawwwww! Thanks to everyone that was a part of it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome.

Minor, minor critique...If I knew nothing about Austin mountain biking I would get the sense from this video that our mountain biking scene was fledgling at best and was really only jumpstarted by TTP and FR512. Meanwhile ARR and TMBRA have been going strong for decades. Sure, I get that this is more focused on the gravity fed, enduro style riding and not the overall MTB scene/industry here. But dang, with JKW's skillset I would think he'd love BCGB, Brushy, and the other unmentionables in view of Cat MT and be impressed by how long they've been around and how well used they are. Let alone all the other trails in TX. Just my .02

-sorry, very loyal texan here and I get a bit overly sensitive when people dismiss our MTB scene..."You don't even have mountains!"

Seriously cool video though.

• Like 5

Considering Texas' first and second "Mountain Bike Ranches" (Bluff Creek and Rocky Hill) have been around for thirty years, it is evidence that the creation of trail on private land isn't new to the state.

Great video and some awesome riding. It is good that y'all hooked up to show him the goods and get Texas as one of his stops on this newest set of trail builder focused documentary.

Seth pointed out the strong Austin mtb community and mentioned that RPR and Cat Mtn are not the only trails in town.  I think JKW came to town looking for something that would make a good video and he found it.  We have easily over 100 miles of trails in and around Austin that make great rides but trying to edit that into a video with a couple days worth of riding that showcases this guys talent would be tough.  Seth and the Trail Party guys took a mountain bike celebrity to sanctioned trails on private land and showed him that Austin has incredible riding 15 minutes from downtown.  I'm sure they could have found some great features on the green belt that he would have loved but then all HELL would have broken loose.  They did it right IMO.

Edited by Tree Magnet
  • Like 2

Like I said, very minor criticism. I wasn’t expecting JKW to hit everything in town. In fact I liked that he focused just those two trail systems. It just seemed like the vibe was “look at these guys trying to bring mountain biking to TX” instead of “Look at these guys progressing the already strong mountain bike scene here in TX”.

Seth seemed to acknowledge the already strong mountain biking scene in his vid if I remember.

Anyway, I was grumpy and jealous that y’all got to ride with him so I had to whine about something.

So did any of y’all get to test ride that Trust fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

We have easily over 100 miles of trails in and around Austin that make great rides 

Agree with your post. But 100 miles is a way too conservative estimate. Shoot, the SATN is now at least 85 miles all by itself. And I never include any of the BCGB in that mileage total. Not even the BCGB trails on our GOOD side of the creek. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

Agree with your post. But 100 miles is a way too conservative estimate. Shoot, the SATN is now at least 85 miles all by itself. And I never include any of the BCGB in that mileage total. Not even the BCGB trails on our GOOD side of the creek. :classic_wink:

I know but I wanted a number that wouldn’t become a discussion on its own and I failed. 80 miles of SATN, 60 miles of BCGB, 20 miles of Brushy, 15 miles around Walnut, 30 miles of LGT, and many more miles of unmentionable trail....keep on adding. It’s just a ton a trail and it’s one of the reasons we all live here. I still explore and find trail that is either getting cut or I just never knew was there (Searight!). Public land isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be (looking at you BCP).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...