IGNORED

Tandem bike on Peddlers Pass

18 minutes ago, DesertNomad said:

The a-frame bridges and rollers will be interesting.  Some have a B-line and others may require a carefully orchestrated dismount and remount CX style.  Those are where I’ll have my trail cams installed. 

At the Rocky Hill Super D, there is a S-curve into a wood bridge after The Wall.  Unplanned, J and I unclipped left feet, planted them on the dirt, and pivot/swung the bike around.  We clipped back in a motored away.  Moves like that really put the distance on the competition.  If we would have pre-rode, it would have been even smoother.  Video of us shows some smooth work, but some of the more intricate stuff was never captured.  

Rollers may be in issue, but with pedal timing and enough speed, you can accomplish a lot more than you expect.  If you watch any of the videos of us, you'll see and hear a lot of amazement at our own selves.  Fully commit, and you might just clear something your mind says in not possible.

You know that feeling you get when you clear something new for the first time?  That's what it's like on the tandem, but you have someone right there to celebrate with.  Damn, I wish J could bring the pig down for this.  

37 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

Timing "pedals level" and "power on" will take some coordination.

Yep, you and Jay probably spent more time in a variety of different situations than Travis and I.  However, Travis and I spent 8.5 hrs together on the bike in one day.  By the end of the day, we didn't even really have to talk too much.  We'd gone through so many repetitions of (verbal) "shift", "easy", "level", "pedal", etc....  that we (mainly him because he has no controls) were dialed into the automatic rhythm of what was needed and coming next.  Its a very synchronistic and zen-like state.  I suspect none of you newbs will get there by the FGPP!  🤣😜

-CJB

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spicewookie said:

minor bunny hop at 0:17

Ummmm....I'd call that a pretty major bunny hop.  🙂

-CJB

1 hour ago, spicewookie said:

You know that feeling you get when you clear something new for the first time?  That's what it's like on the tandem, but you have someone right there to celebrate with.  

Same hold true for the crashes to!  We crashed the bike about 3x's on our big day.  There's something quite special about both of you smashing into the ground together while being all clenched up about note being able to pull off some maneuver.  You share the highs and the lows...

-CJB

I would be stoker with Jay on any trail. He and I rode all of Walnut on his tandem, including Endo Valley.  On the BMX Loop, we flew into the big bowl and caught air at the top!  The first time he rode down the IMBA trail was with me on the back of the bike. I'm pretty sure he didn't brake until we hit the uturn. And we rode way high on the wall before the creek. That was the best ride I've had a Walnut. 😀

19 minutes ago, CBaron said:

Ummmm....I'd call that a pretty major bunny hop.  🙂

-CJB

Same hold true for the crashes to!  We crashed the bike about 3x's on our big day.  There's something quite special about both of you smashing into the ground together while being all clenched up about note being able to pull off some maneuver.  You share the highs and the lows...

-CJB

Crashes....I liked to call J my airbag.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CBaron said:

Yep, you and Jay probably spent more time in a variety of different situations than Travis and I.  However, Travis and I spent 8.5 hrs together on the bike in one day.  By the end of the day, we didn't even really have to talk too much.  We'd gone through so many repetitions of (verbal) "shift", "easy", "level", "pedal", etc....  that we (mainly him because he has no controls) were dialed into the automatic rhythm of what was needed and coming next.  Its a very synchronistic and zen-like state.  I suspect none of you newbs will get there by the FGPP!  🤣😜

-CJB

Zen-like is right.  We only rode Flat Creek once, Pace Bend once (race), and the Super D (race) at Rocky Hill once.  We were (are) good enough friends and had ridden half bikes together enough to "know" each other, I guess.  I can imagine that dedicating some time to practice on a course with your partner could yield some surprising results.  Just jumping on blind with someone for the first time..........that's going to be a steep learning curve.  Anyone that practices, even a little, will blow away the (possible) competition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DesertNomad said:

Oh and I need a tandem team with bike for a shoot on 5/3 for a promotional video.  Maybe 1-2 hours tops.  Any takers? You will be forever ensconced in glory on the Inter-webs. And you might score beer too. 

If you can start 5:00 or later I can be there 

Yep, you and Jay probably spent more time in a variety of different situations than Travis and I.  However, Travis and I spent 8.5 hrs together on the bike in one day.  By the end of the day, we didn't even really have to talk too much.  We'd gone through so many repetitions of (verbal) "shift", "easy", "level", "pedal", etc....  that we (mainly him because he has no controls) were dialed into the automatic rhythm of what was needed and coming next.  Its a very synchronistic and zen-like state.  I suspect none of you newbs will get there by the FGPP!  [emoji1787][emoji12]
-CJB

Haters gonna hate. I'm so zen bro you have no idea. So piss off!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Big talk for someone who so far has done nothing but sign up to ride bitch on a clown bike. -CJB 

Hahahahah. This is true. I'm just hear for the shit talk parade. Hope everyone comes out to the race to give a good ribbing. Or carry me off. A Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, sherpaxc said:

Did someone say race on a tandem?  When?  

Yeah, I've been meaning to send you a message... 🙂

Blah, blah, blah....

I'm glad this seems to be picking up some more momentum.  If I can get my stoker (sherpaxc) to travel back into town (from Kerville) for this, then I might just jump into the fun.

Later,
CJB

PS-  SOMEBODY GO BUY ANOTHER TANDEM.