IGNORED

Tandem bike on Peddlers Pass

5 hours ago, DesertNomad said:

People need to actually register too.  I have one tandem racer registered.  Which is odd unless he is rolling with no stoker. 

First blood is going to be the stoker! Unless he backs out then I might be solo! Not sure if the trails will be dry enough, but if so may try to get a lap in prior to the work day tomorrow!

13 hours ago, RidingAgain said:

Dang!  Someone should snap that thing up!  As long as the brake issues could be worked out (looks like IS tab mount...but may be a little concerned with hub rotor mounts), this looks to be a very good deal.  Santana is a great manufacturer of tandems (it what I have).  And even though this is quite old, they are made like tanks and could probably be updated as needed.  Heck, I'd be interested if I didn't already own one....and actually rode mine more than 1x per year.

-CJB

Rode peddlers solo Saturday evening on Cbaron’s tandem to see what areas the frame might bottom out. Surprisingly made everything except the little triangle bridge crossing a small stream! It may be a little different with 200lbs more on the bike! Only trouble I had was having to swerve to miss a snake vs. my usual impulse bunt hop!

Edited by 4fun
  • Like 3

On 4/28/2019 at 12:04 AM, CBaron said:

Dang!  Someone should snap that thing up!  As long as the brake issues could be worked out (looks like IS tab mount...but may be a little concerned with hub rotor mounts), this looks to be a very good deal.  Santana is a great manufacturer of tandems (it what I have).  And even though this is quite old, they are made like tanks and could probably be updated as needed.  Heck, I'd be interested if I didn't already own one....and actually rode mine more than 1x per year.

-CJB

What's with the weird knob/handle on the rear suspension?  Or is the intended purpose of that bar to basically kick the stoker in the ass every time you bottom out the suspension?

18 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

What's with the weird knob/handle on the rear suspension?  Or is the intended purpose of that bar to basically kick the stoker in the ass every time you bottom out the suspension?

Thats pretty funny!  Obviously not a serious question, right?!  But I didn't see any emoji's to go with it?  😎

-CJB

15 hours ago, 4fun said:

Rode peddlers solo Saturday evening on Cbaron’s tandem to see what areas the frame might bottom out. Surprisingly made everything except the little triangle bridge crossing a small stream! It may be a little different with 200lbs more on the bike! Only trouble I had was having to swerve to miss a snake vs. my usual impulse bunt hop!

A snake on Peddlers Pass, I've actually never seen one out there. I guess they've all seen the "Honey Badger don't give a F!@#" video

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

A snake on Peddlers Pass, I've actually never seen one out there. I guess they've all seen the "Honey Badger don't give a F!@#" video

I've seen a couple, mostly little green snakes that I tried not to crush.  They were probably attracted my bike (bright green diamondback, haha)

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

That was the first day I’ve encountered a snake on peddlers! And it was twice. We saw a small Texas Rat Snake during the work day in the morning, then dug up a large nest of snake eggs! And that evening I swerved a large snake with coloring I’ve never seen before! The closest colors I could find on the googles was a Trans Pecos Rat snake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tree Magnet said:

A team could pick that up, ride it to first place, and actually MAKE money in the deal.  Especially if the other teams can't get their shit together.

I'd bet the purse that an experienced tandem duo could win on this vs. anyone that's never ridden tandem on ANY tandem they choose.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:25 PM, Tree Magnet said:

A team could pick that up, ride it to first place, and actually MAKE money in the deal.  Especially if the other teams can't get their shit together.

They have to register first. To date I have ONE person registered for tandem. 

get off the fence people. You will get splinters!

If instant fame in the Austin mountain biking community AND a sizable cash purse doesn’t persuade the tandem teams to register, I’m not sure what it would take.

Other enticements we should consider:
1. One extra large aquarium
2. Some cheap Chinese handlebars
3. A date with Bartman
4. IMBA trail building guide
5. Whiskey of some sort

Come on people, we need this to happen. Do it for all the days we’ve spent indoors waiting for the dirt to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

If instant fame in the Austin mountain biking community AND a sizable cash purse doesn’t persuade the tandem teams to register, I’m not sure what it would take.

Other enticements we should consider:
1. One extra large aquarium
2. Some cheap Chinese handlebars
3. A date with Bartman
4. IMBA trail building guide
5. Whiskey of some sort

Come on people, we need this to happen. Do it for all the days we’ve spent indoors waiting for the dirt to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll contribute a 90mm stem and a mating pair of White Margin Stargazers. 

• Haha 1