IGNORED

Dirt Bike on Peddler's Pass?

Albert

I just saw a report on Facebook where someone has supposedly been riding a dirt bike on Peddler's Pass at Brushy Creek.  Has anyone heard about this?
 ..Al
I was there Sunday. At the skate park there was a kid riding a dirt bike in the skate park itself. He was pulling kids over jumps. Also I could hear him riding around toward the tressle. I didnt see anything in Peddlers itself though. But yea I wouldnt be surprised.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Some additional information, 

I'm starting to hear this is somewhat of a regular occurrence. He is either a teenager or early 20's, slim build, sandy hair color, around 6' tall and rides a Honda. He has been seen on other parts of the Brushy Creek Single Track.

It used to be easy to tell the difference between the track left by a mountain bike vs a motorcycle.  With the advent of + size tires and fat bikes, it's not always that easy to tell.  I have definitely seen tracks around BC that look like they were made by a dirt bike, but I've never seen or heard one out there...

44 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

It used to be easy to tell the difference between the track left by a mountain bike vs a motorcycle.  With the advent of + size tires and fat bikes, it's not always that easy to tell.  I have definitely seen tracks around BC that look like they were made by a dirt bike, but I've never seen or heard one out there...

Careful...too much of this and we'll start to get "If MTB tire tracks and dirt bike tire tracks are indistinguishable, how is it that dirt bikes 'cause damage to trails and nature' while mountain bikes do not?" 😮

*braces for impact*

-cls

2 hours ago, MrTheCatLady said:

Careful...too much of this and we'll start to get "If MTB tire tracks and dirt bike tire tracks are indistinguishable, how is it that dirt bikes 'cause damage to trails and nature' while mountain bikes do not?" 😮

*braces for impact*

-cls

That would be a dumb question. because a cyclist is putting out .7-1 hp on peddlers pass, while a bike may be putting out 20+, which is enough to dig a hole with one braapp. A cyclist couldn't intentionally dig a hole  on flat terrain if they tried, while a motorcycle is one slip of the clutch away from a hole being dug.  

Technically, we all leave an imprint every pass we make. a motorcycle can ruin a path with one errant effort. 

Edited by FJsnoozer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CBaron said:

From what I've heard this (or something like it) is not a new occurrence.  I believe I heard about it well over a year ago.

-CJB

Last yr I remember and saw that kid. This is different.

This guy is on a flat out dirt bike ,, Like what you have posted pics of your kid(s) on before. 

Just now, Cafeend said:

Last yr I remember and saw that kid. This is different.

This guy is on a flat out dirt bike ,, Like what you have posted pics of your kid(s) on before. 

Just curious in what way it's different?  What was the kid riding last year?

This guy I saw Sunday was on a motorcycle
last yr the person was on a motorbike thing
I say thing because I don’t know what exactly it is called
Had a motor, was not a dirt bike though
It had a metal frame and long seat
Little wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirt bike tire tracks are very easy to distinguish from fatbike tracks; the width is about all they have in common. Dirt bike tires have much larger, deeper knobs, usually in patterns that don't come on common bicycle tires of any kind.

There are other tell-tale signs of a motor too, like roost/wheelspin, especially on up-hill sections and obstacles, and tighter turns. It looks different than a slide or skid. A few years ago, there was someone riding a moto on Deception, but they appeared to have stopped a while back.

• Like 1