IGNORED

Pedernales Falls State Park vs Flat Creek Crossing

CopeIt

Going to be out this way for some sort of ceremony. Was looking to go on a nice flowy solo ride to help get my mind in the right place. I haven't been to either of these... Is one generally considered better?

I'm leaning flat Creek for now based on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Barry said:

If you like jumps and such, go with FCCR.

Anybody know if the original 7mi cross-country loop is still intact? I haven't been out there since they started putting in the enduro lines, but felt it was well worth the trip just going out to ride 3 laps of the original loop years ago. These days I'd probably take the longer back route from Cedar Park just to avoid the shit show on 620.   

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Also, wtf not? Why eat anything else when pizza is so good!?

The proper analogy would be why go out of town to eat pizza when there are lots of in town pizza places that are just as good if not better.

I can see going out of town if you are tired of your local pizza.

1 hour ago, throet said:

Anybody know if the original 7mi cross-country loop is still intact?

As of last summer (after the enduro lines were built) the very good xc course was still there. But it had become a clusterfk to follow, since the enduro lines cross through much of it. 

Edited by Barry
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, crazyt said:

I can see going out of town if you are tired of your local pizza.

I can't get the Reveille Peak Ranch experience at BCGB or SATN or Emma Long. I can't get the Flat Rock Ranch experience at Walnut or Brushy or 4C. I don't have to be tired of the local pizza to want to the "you have to order a day in advance" pizza that I can only get in Comfort. 

8 hours ago, Barry said:

As of last summer (after the enduro lines were built) the very good xc course was still there. But it had become a clusterfk to follow, since the enduro lines cross through much of it. 

Don't even get me started. After Jeremiah and the Disciples blew through Flat Creek, there was not much singletrack left. Rather than build their own lines, they used those convenient XC uphill climbs as gravity lines. I miss that place.