IGNORED

The Austin Ridge Riders Needs your HELP!

ARR

Pace Bend race is this weekend. We really need some more Course marshals for the Sunday race.

PLEASE sign up to volunteer as a course marshal and ARR will provide:

FREE Breakfast!
FREE Lunch!
FREE Race Shirt!
FREE SCHWAG!!!!!

https://www.bikereg.com/pbr-volunteers

• Like 1

50 views on this post.  Any takers?  I have volunteered for the ARR races since 2008 and I can't this year (family commitments).  Please help ARR put on a race for riders from all over the state. 

-Course Marshaling is the best way to watch the race IMO.  You'll get a snazzy radio and hear all the chatter.  In the unlikely event that you help someone with a mechanical or medical issue, you will be ensuring safety for lots of people.  Hoss is running the CMs this year (and has been doing a fabulous job for the last few years). 

-Charlie's dutch oven cooking is not to be missed. 

-Campfire stories, garnished with bourbon, are always a hit.  

-Marking legs is a fun job if you like drawing on strangers.

-Sweep riding is great, as you get to ride the trail in its best condition without the stress of anyone passing you at race pace.  Sweeps usually end up shepherding in a racer with incredible fortitude to finish.

-Set up is great, as you get to build the village we all live in for 48+ hours.

-Registration is a blast because you get to collect all those $$$$$ for ARR.

All this fun, plus a Chicken Foot T-shirt, should be enough to get you out there.  Bring a rain jacket, more cowbell (or trombone), and a great attitude.

Wookie.....owt!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ARR said:

We also have some RV slots left if you wish to bring a trailer and camp out, Also FREE to our volunteers!!!

How would I reserve one of those as a volunteer arriving late afternoon on Saturday?

I've signed up for the last sweep on Sunday, and if I can have a spot I could fill in elsewhere earlier in the day.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

I'll be happy to help out on Saturday and Sunday at race central with the merch tables, as in the past. Looks like people have already signed up for those spots.  If so, I'll be glad to do other stuff, like *cough* course marshal.  

And YES, we'd like a trailer slot at the developed camp loop if any are still open!  Please let me know. 

Edited by June Bug