IGNORED

STOLEN ORANGE SB150 - TODAY @ DOMAIN

hey everyone,

a good friend of mine had a 2 day old warranty replacement yeti orange SB150 stolen off of his one-up rack today at the domain while he was temporarily inside his work. 

please keep an an eye out for an orange SB150 and please message me directly or post up here if anyone sees or hears anything. My buddy is gutted! 

People suck so bad. 

D9EEE545-B1F2-4BB0-A720-085B7FA5E372.jpeg

442F3445-F84B-414C-BCDA-43B1B40137BE.jpeg

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Big_papa_nuts said:

How was the bike secured? It be interesting and helpful to know what kind of trouble these thieves are willing to go through to get our bikes.

it was not locked on a one up rack inside a parking garage at a business in the domain. yes, he knows how stupid that was, now. luckily the bike was recovered and lesson learned

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seths Pool said:

it was not locked on a one up rack inside a parking garage at a business in the domain. yes, he knows how stupid that was, now. luckily the bike was recovered and lesson learned

I carry a spare cable lock to lock the bike to my 1Up. The rack is also locked to my hitch.

I actually saw this last night and thought it could probably be incorporated into the 1Up. (Patent Pending). It's a lock that GMBN showed on their Hacks and Bodges segment. A guy was using it to secure his bike in a panel van. 

image.thumb.png.5dc7213c194c7f7d215fabaf3abefb8e.png

I don't mean to blame the victim here, but in a vast majority of cases I hear about, the victim left the bike unlocked and unaccompanied "just for a minute." Please learn from this, folks: if you leave your bike for "a minute," the lowlife watching your bike will have it for at least 55 seconds before you notice it's gone.

This was a rare case. Most bikes are never recovered. Lock your shit up.

• Like 1

I carry a spare cable lock to lock the bike to my 1Up. The rack is also locked to my hitch.
I actually saw this last night and thought it could probably be incorporated into the 1Up. (Patent Pending). It's a lock that GMBN showed on their Hacks and Bodges segment. A guy was using it to secure his bike in a panel van. 

I saw a rack like this in the parking lot of BSS off 183 a few year ago. It held the bike and locked it using the scorpion like bike stand approach. It was cool but I didn’t get close enough to get the details.

In the bike theft, glad he got his bike back. IMO, this was obviously not a seasoned thief of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

I used the 1UP wheel locks and then add an extra cable if I am going to be gone a while or if the bike is too far out of sight:

1up_cabled_banner.jpg

If I am leaving it for a really long period of time or am on a road trip, I do the wheel locks and a heavy lock/cable that locks to the rack and the car hitch.