IGNORED

Riding Vintage...

• 5 months later...

Spent less than $50 on this 1995 (?) GT Backwoods. Everything is functioning now that I flushed the right shifter, replaced the left one, retaped the rims, sealed the tubes, etc. Thinking about using it as a beater bike, but not sure I'll actually ride it much. A brief ride up the street and back confirmed that '90s bikes could be quite awful. I have half a mind to try riding trails on it just for the experience of knowing what a twitchy old rigid mtb was like, but afraid I'll break something on it and not want to spend any more to fix it.

Screenshot_20200315-190010_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

A few years ago I bought and I tried riding a ~94 Specialized (rockhopper?).  It was a survivor.  Original everything.  Even the grease on the chain looked stock.  It just hung in someone's garage for 20 years.  It was awful on the trails.  Sold it to a co-worker who wanted it to get into cycling and for neighborhood riding.

I actually raced the Lajitas Desert Classic in like 95 on a GT Zascar with a purple Manitou fork. It was the yr they raced the course in reverse and we had to go down the big climb. That was the stiffest bike ever made and Im pretty sure that's why I have lower back pain.

• 1 year later...