IGNORED

Peddlers Pass - Major Building

The City of Cedar Park has approved KOM Trails to bring their machines and expertize to Peddlers Pass at Brushy Creek. The service agreements are signed and work is scheduled to start on April 22nd. In case you don't know who KOM Trails is, they're a local trail building company that's had a hand in the amazing work done in Bentonville, AR and many other trails around Texas. The Brushy Creek trail system is their home trail which they helped build and are still trail stewards of it.

I've been working closely with KOM on a plan of action, you guys are going to love the changes.  Once completed, Peddlers Pass will be the first Machine Built Flow Trail for Mountian Bikes on Public land in Texas (that we know of). The trail route and direction will not change. 

During construction, different sections of the trail will be closed while work is been done, please respect these closures and don't ride around "trail closed" signs or tape.

In conjunction with this work we are coordinating with Austin Ridge Riders and the Parks Dept. to have two big volunteer days, Saturday, April 27th and Saturday, May 4th. to wrap up the project. These volunteer days are vitally important to finish in a timely manner.  If those days don't work for you, come out anytime during the week of April 22nd and we'll find something for you to help with.

I'll be posting updates here and in various Facebook Groups. 

Finally, I'd like to say a huge thank you to The City of Cedar Park and especially Curt Randa the Parks Director for embracing Mountian Biking and partnering with us to create a truly unique trail.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger said:

The City of Cedar Park has approved KOM Trails to bring their machines and expertize to Peddlers Pass at Brushy Creek. The service agreements are signed and work is scheduled to start on April 22nd. In case you don't know who KOM Trails is, they're a local trail building company that's had a hand in the amazing work done in Bentonville, AR and many other trails around Texas. The Brushy Creek trail system is their home trail which they helped build and are still trail stewards of it.

I've been working closely with KOM on a plan of action, you guys are going to love the changes.  Once completed, Peddlers Pass will be the first Machine Built Flow Trail for Mountian Bikes on Public land in Texas (that we know of). The trail route and direction will not change. 

During construction, different sections of the trail will be closed while work is been done, please respect these closures and don't ride around "trail closed" signs or tape.

In conjunction with this work we are coordinating with Austin Ridge Riders and the Parks Dept. to have two big volunteer days, Saturday, April 27th and Saturday, May 4th. to wrap up the project. These volunteer days are vitally important to finish in a timely manner.  If those days don't work for you, come out anytime during the week of April 22nd and we'll find something for you to help with.

I'll be posting updates here and in various Facebook Groups. 

Finally, I'd like to say a huge thank you to The City of Cedar Park and especially Curt Randa the Parks Director for embracing Mountian Biking and partnering with us to create a truly unique trail.

you need to get the city of cedar park to approve me making a gnar line out there 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Man, this is fantastic news! Definitely need to thank the city for this.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

So all those practicing for the time trial are going to have to learn a 'new' trail?

Yes, but also no. Same trail Ronan has built, but improved in areas. Same turns, tree gates and obstacles he previously built, but improvements to flow and drainage. 

For your thread on time trails there will be different times after the improvements, but still the same segment. I like the discussion in that thread, thank you for creating it. 

-Scott 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DesertNomad said:

As has been said - trail is the same.  It will however give faster times and be an even better experience to ride after KOM is done.  

We rode yesterday. Pretty damn badass now, cant imagine what it will be. Very excited

• Like 3

Only if time permits. The work will start on the West side first. If they don't get to the East side they'll be back in the fall to finish up. This is one of the reasons we need a lot of volunteers to come out and help build on April 27th or May 4th. There are several berms that need to be built prior to the race.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:28 PM, St.Bernardo said:

A few years ago there were some plans drawn up for a skills type mtb park with some structures and man-made obstacles to the west of Parmer.  Will anything of the sort be included with the new comstruction?

I attended a few of those meetings then it just went dark.

A guy named Dmitri was instrumental in getting the ball rolling.

13 hours ago, Hugh said:

I attended a few of those meetings then it just went dark.

A guy named Dmitri was instrumental in getting the ball rolling.

I think it was just a little too much too soon. From what I understand it was basically a Mountian Bike Skills Park. I think it was unrealistic to expect the City to go from spending $0 on mountain bike stuff to dropping tens of thousands or more on a Skills Park. Hopefully, in the future, we can get there. For now, the installation of the Flow Trail on Peddlers Pass is a good step in the right direction. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

It has begun. 

In case anyone wants to see their progress, they are good about updating their Instagram account.  komtrails is the name, and there is a video of progression even from the pics HoneyBadger posted.  

-Scott

• Like 5